Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Training Recommendations in MI

Was looking to see if anyone had any recommendations or personal experiences with any classes in the MI area. I'm aware of some of the bigger ones: Sig Academy, Gunsite, etc. but extensive travel outside of the state isn't really feasible right now. Not looking for CPL training or a basic 1 hour intro to handgun course at my local range, looking for a full day or multi day training course covering shooting on the move, shooting from cover, etc.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    If travels definitely out of the question the national guys will blow through once in awhile. They will usually be hosted at one of the better developed ranges. Think I took Dark angel at Post 46?/Livingston? Southnarc over by Alma? Dean caputo and Dave spaulding/ellenfritz? have both taught out of Cabela's if I remember right. Ned Christiansen did a class in Novi? once if I remember right. These are ones I know for sure because I was in them. There are plenty others I've seen over the years here and there but don't remember specifics.
    TDI isn't too far south and still seems pretty active. Splitting the ride might put something else just in your range. You'll find the typical pipehitters advertise more on something like M4Carbine, Lightfighter, or their personal websites.

There's a nice looking long gun site at Lake city that appears to have local trainers. There's MDFI but I haven't seen much advertisement out of them the past couple years. Annnnd last that I can think of is the previous MDIF owner, https://sentinelconcepts.com/about/

Any of the national guys will work with you to set something up. Michigan isn't typically a hotspot for it so it historically has been a pain to solidly set up enough people for a visit but there's nothing saying you yourself can't do it.
    Last edited by dhrith; 08-16-2020 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Forgot Fischer

I am a Forum User
    MDFI is a Michigan biased company that trains all over the state, and has the classes you're looking for, and Trek is a great instructor.

Scott Jediesnki was just in Holland a couple of months ago. Scott is the owner of The Modern Samurai Project and is one of the top MRDS instructors in the country.

Steve Fisher usually has a class or 2 at Ann Arbor Arms. Steve used to be a head instructor at Magpul, started MDFI, sold it and started Sentinel Concepts which does most of their training out of OH.

Dave Spaulding I think is only teaching though 2022, Ann Arbor Arms usually hosts at least one class from him a year.

You also have DMI Performance out of the Saline area also has a couple of good instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    MDFI is a Michigan biased company that trains all over the state, and has the classes you're looking for, and Trek is a great instructor.

Scott Jediesnki was just in Holland a couple of months ago. Scott is the owner of The Modern Samurai Project and is one of the top MRDS instructors in the country.

Steve Fisher usually has a class or 2 at Ann Arbor Arms. Steve used to be a head instructor at Magpul, started MDFI, sold it and started Sentinel Concepts which does most of their training out of OH.

Dave Spaulding I think is only teaching though 2022, Ann Arbor Arms usually hosts at least one class from him a year.

You also have DMI Performance out of the Saline area also has a couple of good instructors.
    Thanks, MDFI was the one I was looking at, glad to hear a good review from them. I'll check out DMI Performance and Sentinel Concepts (I'd heard of Steve before just wasn't aware of the connection to MDFI).
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    I've trained with Steve, MDFI and then Sentinel and the staff there. Top notch in every way. Exceeded my expectations.

MGO Member
    Another happy MDFI trainee...
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

MGO Member
    MDFI is top notch very professional training. You won’t be disappointed

MGO Member
    MDFI, you'll find lots of good reviews for them on here.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    MDFI, you'll find lots of good reviews for them on here.
    Are they the same since Steve left/sold?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Are they the same since Steve left/sold?
    Trek worked under Steve, and Steve had no real lesson plans, so the classes would be different class to class with little consistency. Since Trek took it over he revamped all the classes with solid lesson plans that are repeatable.

Also, Trek is a hell of an instructor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast