Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Training I took while I was living in Kzoo:
    MDFI- 6 courses
    Sentinel Concepts - 3 courses
    Will Petty- VCQB and AVCQB (via MDFI)
    Larry Vickers SPR course
    Larry Vickers 1911 course

Since moving to AZ:
    Gunsite - Pistol 250 and .223 courses
    Scott Jedlinski Modern Samurai RDS course
    Two Sentinel Concepts pistol courses

I can't really say I got anything more out of the 5-day pistol courses from Gunsite and 5-day carbine course than I would get out of a 2 day MDFI or Sentinel Concept classes. While MI may not have the shear volume of training opportunities that we have here, it's really Quality over Quantity. I am a big Gunsite fan, but their teaching is a bit rigid and they don't really update their methods like Trek and Yeti do.
    You won't go wrong with either Sentinel or MDFI. Trek really has you check your ego before you step on the range. Probably the best training I've been in for a mixture of men/women and beginner/more advanced. Hell, that's my wife on their website holding the FDE Glock 19 on the "Ego Free Training for Everyday Life" part. She really liked MDFI as well and took 3 classes with me. Couple of Yeti's as well.

MGO Board of Directors

Castrotikon,
    Check the top of the forum, in the events section, there is a new thread for a drawing for YSINTK by MDFI you can enter to win.

I have not personally taken that course, but know a few people that have. ALL of them said that course was great!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernpro View Post
    You can decide to feed your eyes with videos on YouTube too. Lots of interesting stuff up there.
    The issue with watching videos, there is zero training going on.

You get training from someone that knows stuff you don't, then you go practice what you received training on, and training is a 2 way street. The instructor will provide feedback on your actions biased on the information they have provided.

YouTube videos can not do that, and simply provide information with no feedback as to what you're doing right or wrong. I'm not saying you can't get information, and some of it good...but there is a lot of bad there also.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Check out Center Mass in Livonia. Great group of folks with a lot of experience. I did a class with Jeff and one other student and he was excellent! As of this week, they have some ammo (aside from 5.56/223) and much more merchandise in the store than ever. Lots of nice range bags, lock boxes, and specialty items. They also have a good selection of pistols they have never had before (some surplus, consigned) instead of the usual Glocks, M&P, carry guns. There was a browning high power (a bit rough) for sale. I may regret not picking it up...

MGO Member
    another happy camper with MDFI. I've taken 6 classes with them and brought new shooters with me to 3 of the classes. Trek and cadre are top notch.

Michigan Training, MDFI is where it at, IMO. While on Vac. I took 3 classes Fri, Sat, Sun. Basic carbine, Foundation Carbine, Foundation Pistol. Yes, it was F-N HOT! and still had 3 great classes. Well, worth the cash spent. If you're going to start with a Handgun class look at "You suck not the gun" Then Foundation after. So, far I've taken 4 classes.

NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12