Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Recommended ladder stands

What ladder stands would everyone here recommend? This will be my first time going stand, and I'd prefer a ladder and not something super tall (over 20 feet). I'd prefer something that is a two man ladder stand, as well as one that has a gun rest on it. My deer rifle weighs about 15lb fully outfitted with the scope and bipod, so stabilizing it for off-hand shots can be a pain, hence my reason for wanting a gun rest on the stand. I appreciate any help!

MGO Member
    I have a Big Game Warrior Elite I've been using for 3-4 years. I think it's about 17' tall. Built for two but really only one person will fit or maybe an adult and small child. Just looked and they are on sale at Dunhams for $110
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Look at these. I have 5 of them. Nice wide seat and big platform for your feet. I bought these in the store two months ago for $99 each.

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-g...tand/p/1564640

MGO Board of Directors

Stop by Northwoods and check out their stands.
    You can't climb em, but they are set up and you can look em over.

I added a tray to the side of my stand in order to hold my handgun, my iPad, my lunch, my phone, my Thermos, my charging brick, and all the extra stuff that I probably don't really need up there.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
    Look at these. I have 5 of them. Nice wide seat and big platform for your feet. I bought these in the store two months ago for $99 each.

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-g...tand/p/1564640
    My son and I have been hunting out of those stands for the past few years. Nice stands, my only gripe about them is the seats are easily damaged by squirrels. Wish they had metal mesh seats even if they weren't as comfy as those are.

Skip it. I know at least 3 people that are paraplegic because of hunting in a stand. Dumbest idea ever.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Skip it. I know at least 3 people that are paraplegic because of hunting in a stand. Dumbest idea ever.
    I'm too damn old to climb anymore but did it for many years. I have 2 friends that have fallen from treestands and both did something stupid. It is as safe as the person using the stand.

MGO Board of Directors

I have 4 ladder stands. Some have sides and some do not. In all 4 I wear a harness attached to the tree to help prevent this from happening.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Member

I'm 65 and still hunt from a ladder stand occasionally but not as often as I used to. Perhaps this year will be my last year using them. Of course I wear a harness and don't move around much. I don't use them when it's icy or wet.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I'm 65 and still hunt from a ladder stand occasionally but not as often as I used to. Perhaps this year will be my last year using them. Of course I wear a harness and don't move around much. I don't use them when it's icy or wet.
    Someone stole mine a few years back. Beast thing that ever happened. I built a nice blind on the side on a hill overlooking the valley. About 5 foot up to get in in the back and looking down about 20 -30 foot. out the front.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast