Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo for sale

Banned

Ammo for sale

Well I dont really, but if I had some for sale I would not gouge people. That is dispecable and dishonest. We are all part of the same community and going thru the same trials and tribulations during this crisis. Yet some purposefully try to take advantage of the less fortunate. Not Good.

I am a Forum User
    The less fortunate should have prepared like I did. I can't really afford to stock all my ammo, but I bought it cheap and stacked it deep when I could. Now we are supposed to subsidize those who didn't? Example.....I bought 9mm at $159-$179 a case. Todays prices are at $600 +. So when I need more I should take it up the azz, because someone else didn't or wouldn't listen? Sorry. Not trying to be a Richard but at the minimum, I have to get replacement cost. You on the other hand are free to give everything of yours away as you like. God bless America!

MGO Member
    Nevermind.
    Let me guess, Biden for pres.
    Last edited by Sledhead; 08-23-2020 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Removed original post to not melt snowflakes

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    Nevermind.
    Let me guess, Biden for pres.
    Darn ... couldn't get my response in fast enough. I was going to ask you to pay me to come get some.

At least there a good folks here willing to give up some for the cause...Your post sounds like you are one of the "offended" who had not prepared and is now whining about paying a premium for ammo that is just not available...frankly, I find it disrespectful that you infer that anyone here is gouging or profiteering! I would suggest that you delete the post and re-think your position....I doubt you will find any comrades here to back your opinion!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry2007 View Post
    The less fortunate should have prepared like I did. I can't really afford to stock all my ammo, but I bought it cheap and stacked it deep when I could. Now we are supposed to subsidize those who didn't? Example.....I bought 9mm at $159-$179 a case. Todays prices are at $600 +. So when I need more I should take it up the azz, because someone else didn't or wouldn't listen? Sorry. Not trying to be a Richard but at the minimum, I have to get replacement cost. You on the other hand are free to give everything of yours away as you like. God bless America!
    $600 for 1,000 rounds of 9mm? That is ridiculous.

I should raise my starting bid on gunbroker.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    $600 for 1,000 rounds of 9mm? That is ridiculous.

I should raise my starting bid on gunbroker.
    Scroll down the link. If it's available at all, it's topping $700 on the way to $800. Rediculous.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger

I am a Forum User
    They are taking advantage of a situation they didn't cause.
    Who are the "less fortunate"? The ones who didn't stock up when ammo prices were low? Maybe the ones who lived in a fantasy world where they felt no need for a gun? I'm sure there are a couple people out there who just had bad timing during this, but I'm willing to bet most just didn't care. Everyone had years to grab a decent supply, they chose not to. That's their problem, not ours.

With that said, I think it's a bit crazy to charge what some are for ammo, but that's their choice. If they get people to buy it, good for them. Me, I have sold a few thousand rounds off, at lower prices then what people are asking, but I made a little money. People happily paid it. However, if this keeps going, I will raise my prices next time. The people I sold to could turn around and sell what they bought off me and make a much bigger profit then me.
    Last edited by BMT85; 08-23-2020 at 01:40 PM.

MGO Member
    Commodities are worth whatever they are worth, measured by market forces. Ammo is a commodity. So in selling to a stranger, market price is probably the way to go.

To family, friends, and associates who are in a bind, yeah, I'd help them out.

Let this be a lesson to everybody: when supply increases and prices come back down, stock up. Buy. Store it away. Then buy some more.

I am a Forum User
    I'm so glad to see these replies. Go vote for Bernie so you can share your ammo with those who failed to prepare.
    Last edited by BugsSon402; 08-23-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast