Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo for sale

MGO Member
    So many of my friends & coworkers are complaining they cant find ammo or the gun they want and immediately turn to me for the "hook up." My answer has been the same.. cant help ya.

For years I repeatedly told them to stock up. I made things easy for them, whenever I found deals i'd send them links and tell them to buy buy buy. They would always pass, not because they didn't have the funds but because other flashy gizmos and useless items were more important.

For the ones that tried to say they didnt have the money I had to remind most that they seem to always have $100 per weekend for bar money or could drop $1k on a new cell phone every time they released a new version without blinking or other trivial ****.

Keep in mind all of them have seen the prior ammo/mag/gun panic buying in the past years.

Oh well, I led them to the water, they didn't wanna drink.....now they must suffer.

Sorry not sorry

Something that rarely gets mentioned when folks are taken to task for not stocking up when prices were cheap - not everyone was in a financial position to take advantage of those prices. Some folks had other priorities, such as mortgage, utility, food and vehicle payments. As for me, I'm comfortable with my little stash, so I'm not asking for those of you who stacked it deep to give up any of your treasures or to take pity, but I am getting tired of hearing you brag about it and then chiding others for not spending their hard-earned money on something they did not consider a high priority at that time.

Maybe it wasn't so much that they didn't want to drink, but rather, they couldn't take a drink.

Let me finish by asking, how many of you with your "treasured surplus" are willing to use what you have to help defend those who are less fortunate if the time ever comes?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Something that rarely gets mentioned when folks are taken to task for not stocking up when prices were cheap - not everyone was in a financial position to take advantage of those prices. Some folks had other priorities, such as mortgage, utility, food and vehicle payments. As for me, I'm comfortable with my little stash, so I'm not asking for those of you who stacked it deep to give up any of your treasures or to take pity, but I am getting tired of hearing you brag about it and then chiding others for not spending their hard-earned money on something they did not consider a high priority at that time.

Maybe it wasn't so much that they didn't want to drink, but rather, they couldn't take a drink.

Let me finish by asking, how many of you with your "treasured surplus" are willing to use what you have to help defend those who are less fortunate if the time ever comes?
    I see your point; however, I have a mortgage, used vehicles to maintain, and 4 children under age 13. I at times have worked 3 jobs in order to accomplish my goals. If I wanted a gun or ammo I just work more. I've always been able to cover all my bills, plus get guns and ammo.

To the OP, I tried to reply earlier and it wouldn't let me...so here goes. People always come to me for ammo and guns and someone wanted me to build them an ar15. They wanted everything, rifle, ammo, mags, sling, etc. I had all that stuff and don't even remember what I paid for it, but I had to sell at market prices because I want to replace my stash. I can't sell to someone cheaper than what it will cost me to replace. I just can't do it. Of course, my other option is I just hold. Then you don't get any.

I remember sending links of good ammo prices to people urging them to buy. Rarely does anybody and if they do they call me, "Would you go half a case with me?" I've acquired lots of ammo just going half cases with people!

But OP, as others have said you are barking up the wrong treet!

I am a Forum User
    I'll sell you all the ammo I have at precovid prices, but I want to buy all your guns preobama prices! Deal? Unfortunately for me I didn't get interested in the gun world until after a mosin nagant was over$200 at cabelas, but got to hear about getting them by the case for$100 each max, and get the case they come in free.
    I remember my dad buying a .22lr rifle at a flee market for$50, single shot but find me one right now for under$100! Prices suck! Supply and demand! Hopefully in a few years more ammo suppliers will pop up to assist with demand

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry2007 View Post
    Scroll down the link. If it's available at all, it's topping $700 on the way to $800. Rediculous.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger
    Damn, a $1095 (Alamo Ammo) for a 1000 rds of 9? I guess I'll stop complaining about the $254 I spent for a 1000 rds of winchester 40 S&W last year.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post

I said this in another thread that was recently resurrected from 2018. I'll go a little more in depth to drive the point home.

I got back in to guns about 13 yrs ago, during a shortage. Had to hunt around to find ammo that wasn't horribly overpriced, just to shoot. Also made maybe half the money I do now, and gas was over $4 a gallon, and I was spending about $20 a day in gas to get to work, and was smoking 2+ packs of Parliament Lights ($7-7.5 a pack at the time). I was lucky enough to live with my parents, but still paid rent, and my own bills, but not utilities. After that shortage, gas prices came down, I quit smoking, I moved out, and I stocked up a bit, because I wanted to make sure I had something. Well, a couple years after that I was laid off, and trying to find work in my trade was nearly impossible, hardly worked at all for 1.5yrs. Sold almost all my guns and ammo, which wasn't a whole lot, to pay bills.

Then, my brother had serious medical issues. I still couldn't find consistent work, and my parents burned through all their sick and vacation days in a matter of a few months. So, I then took him to all appointments, and took care of him. I was lucky enough, that they covered my bills if I couldn't. My brother ended up in hospice, about the time I found steady work, with a friend. Making just a little more than to survive. I saved some money, bought a little ammo at this time. My brother passed, I took some time off with my family. Worked that job another couple months, then they ran out of work.

Got a call for work in my trade, making real money, a month or 2 later. Luckily have worked consistently since. Have stashed a good amount away, also got into reloading and stashed components away, too. Now I have sold some off at non-rape prices because I know exactly what it's like to have priorities and/or no money. I still make some money on it. My prices are going up though, because I'm not going to leave a lot of profit on the table, just so someone else can get it. Unless friends, family, or certain co-workers, I won't much, if anything.

I don't feel bad for people who are just now looking for ammo, because we had YEARS of great prices and availability. If it's someone I personally know that's fallen on hard times, damn right I'll help. Anyone else, not really. If someones priorities, funds, or life kept them from getting a hold off guns and ammo, I'm sorry, but I have nothing to do with your priorities or funds, and life isn't fair. I know first hand.
    Last edited by BMT85; 08-23-2020 at 04:38 PM.

MGO Member
    I only bought a couple bitcoin way back when.
    I'll buy yours at the same price I bought mine for in '09.
    Thanks.

MGO Member
    Hate too bring this up but a lot of the people that are looking for ammo are the very same people that 6 months ago thought "You" don't need a gun and the Police will protect you. Well that plan went South fast and almost every shooter I know was more then well aware what can happen as far as ammo and guns getting hard to get "Been there, Done that". Not real sure how to feel about some life long Dem or Anti gun somebody crying about no ammo on the shelf?On the other hand not every good decent gun owner has a wad of cash to blow on ammo every week!

Banned
    Missing the point. Anybody who bought say 9mm for .8.50 a box and is now selling it for 25 to 50 bucks a box is dispicalbe and reprehensible. Not against making a little extra, but 500 percent, no.=

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firelamp View Post
    Missing the point. Anybody who bought say 9mm for .8.50 a box and is now selling it for 25 to 50 bucks a box is dispicalbe and reprehensible. Not against making a little extra, but 500 percent, no.=
    No, I get your point. But I can't sell for less than what I can replace it for. Buckshot is going for $1 per round, I'll hold rather than sell for less to make you happy. For instance I remember when Tina of mosin ammo was $29...should those guys sell close to that price or market price?

I sell to close friends for replacement cost, other than that I don't sell.

You are right the folks on here posting 7.62x39 for $1 per round when it's easily found are idiots...but they are just stupid. But I still support their right to list it for whatever stupid price they want to post. I think if we could sit down and talk you'd understand my point a little better

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast