Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo for sale

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by firelamp View Post
    Missing the point. Anybody who bought say 9mm for .8.50 a box and is now selling it for 25 to 50 bucks a box is dispicalbe and reprehensible. Not against making a little extra, but 500 percent, no.=
    If somebody pays $50 a box for 9mm FMJ then that’s their problem. I’m with Preacherboy, sell at replacement cost and make a few bucks. Being prepared typically pays off, and this is a shining example.

MGO Member
    1000rd case is sitting at 750.00 at auction it will get worst till nov and maybe beond

MGO Member
    I like the 5.7X28 ammo add here for $57 a box.I purchased 1000 rounds for $19 a box 4 months back.Be prepared or go hungry .
    Last edited by coobie; 08-24-2020 at 03:46 AM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biohawk1 View Post
    So many of my friends & coworkers are complaining they cant find ammo or the gun they want and immediately turn to me for the "hook up." My answer has been the same.. cant help ya.

For years I repeatedly told them to stock up. I made things easy for them, whenever I found deals i'd send them links and tell them to buy buy buy. They would always pass, not because they didn't have the funds but because other flashy gizmos and useless items were more important.

For the ones that tried to say they didnt have the money I had to remind most that they seem to always have $100 per weekend for bar money or could drop $1k on a new cell phone every time they released a new version without blinking or other trivial ****.

Keep in mind all of them have seen the prior ammo/mag/gun panic buying in the past years.

Oh well, I led them to the water, they didn't wanna drink.....now they must suffer.

Sorry not sorry
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    1000rd case is sitting at 750.00 at auction it will get worst till nov and maybe beond
    No! You are required to sell for $169 per 1,000, pre-covid prices or you are considered despicable by firelamp.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by firelamp View Post
    Missing the point. Anybody who bought say 9mm for .8.50 a box and is now selling it for 25 to 50 bucks a box is dispicalbe and reprehensible. Not against making a little extra, but 500 percent, no.=
    I think your missing the point, if you buy an item at$100 but then time passes and it's value goes up. If said is destroyed by another person, you sue, said person would be liable for replacement cost not original purchase price.

Basically.... replacement cost is equal to purchase price which is equal to sell price hence free market

Quote Originally Posted by biohawk1 View Post
    So many of my friends & coworkers are complaining they cant find ammo or the gun they want and immediately turn to me for the "hook up." My answer has been the same.. cant help ya.

For years I repeatedly told them to stock up. I made things easy for them, whenever I found deals i'd send them links and tell them to buy buy buy. They would always pass, not because they didn't have the funds but because other flashy gizmos and useless items were more important.

For the ones that tried to say they didnt have the money I had to remind most that they seem to always have $100 per weekend for bar money or could drop $1k on a new cell phone every time they released a new version without blinking or other trivial ****.

Keep in mind all of them have seen the prior ammo/mag/gun panic buying in the past years.

Oh well, I led them to the water, they didn't wanna drink.....now they must suffer.

Sorry not sorry
    Agree for the most part. I have been stocking up for years, many of my friends did not and thought I was crazy. Now, I have ammo and they do not. When we shoot, I don't mind supplying some ammo for them to use. They reciprocate by paying my range fees, etc. Now, the guy that I recently got hooked into shooting I help out more, because I created the monster that needs ammo and never had time to supply himself. I don't want to sell off my stash, but I might consider selling off a case or two of Wolf 5.56 at a slightly higher price. I do not see anything wrong with making a bit, without gouging.... And I will be shooting a lot of .22 LR for a while...
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

MGO Member
    what ever happened to DEPLORBLE

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I like helping a guy (or gal) out by providing ammo in exchange for Range fees. It's always more fun shooting with friends. I stocked-up with several cases of 9mm but I usually shoot 600-800 rounds per month and supplies are getting low (I used to purchase it for $165-$185 a case). Unfortunately I am shooting less and when I go but I a have a better focused plan like working on one hand/off hand shooting.

I believe in a free market and understand higher prices/profits - its supply and demand. Think about those on-line retailers, especially those reliant on ammo sales, who cannot get enough supply and therefore profits to run their business. They can lay-off employees but still have to pay fixed costs: taxes, rent/mortgage, utilities, insurance, etc.

I hope most (all) remain in business so friendly competition will drive prices down again in the future. It will be some time before the industry recovers to where we can get 9mm brass at $0.16 in bulk. I bet we are looking to second half of 2021 before we see things return to "normal". I hope I am wrong. Getting Trump elected will help...

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    I like the 5.7X28 ammo add here for $57 a box.I purchased 1000 rounds for $19 a box 4 months back.Be prepared or go hungry .
    I found a box of that stuff mixed in with other things.

I was going to give it away.
    Not now, with these prices it would be absurd.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast