Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Federal direct to consumer - Ammo

The big question which may be geared more towards the members who are also FFL's or own LGS's would be - Is Federal selling direct to consumer through their site and bypassing the traditional warehouse/distributor relationship good or bad? Selling 9mm at MSRP wouldn't have been possible 6 months ago but now they are they cheapest around. Will distributors get more stock while Federal can sell out (no pun intended) in hours?

Not sure if links are allowed but federalpremium has the Syntech 150g for 37 CPR with free shipping. With MI tax it is just over 40 CPR but that isn't bad at the moment.

Was just looking at reloading components direct from Federal.... at a buck per bullet, not sure I'm interested.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Seif View Post
    The big question which may be geared more towards the members who are also FFL's or own LGS's would be - Is Federal selling direct to consumer through their site and bypassing the traditional warehouse/distributor relationship good or bad? Selling 9mm at MSRP wouldn't have been possible 6 months ago but now they are they cheapest around. Will distributors get more stock while Federal can sell out (no pun intended) in hours?

Not sure if links are allowed but federalpremium has the Syntech 150g for 37 CPR with free shipping. With MI tax it is just over 40 CPR but that isn't bad at the moment.
    A FFL isn't required to buy ammo, so while distribitors carry it, many large companies buy direct from ammo manufacturers. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me that with the demand manufacturers may sell direct to cut the middle man and make a bigger markup.

Not sure if that means cutting out other channels entirely though.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Was just looking at reloading components direct from Federal.... at a buck per bullet, not sure I'm interested.
    Lol, what? Is that seriously what they’re charging? For what caliber?

I just got some 300gr .452 XTP Mags for the most I’ve EVER paid for them ($0.44/per) at a big box store. I was shocked to see they had them and jumped on it. I was even more shocked to see they had primers and powder in stock for normal prices and jumped on what I needed for the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Lol, what? Is that seriously what they’re charging? For what caliber?

I just got some 300gr .452 XTP Mags for the most I’ve EVER paid for them ($0.44/per) at a big box store. I was shocked to see they had them and jumped on it. I was even more shocked to see they had primers and powder in stock for normal prices and jumped on what I needed for the fall.
    Name:  Federal.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  52.2 KB
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Over $1.00/ea and out of stock...

Edge TLR Component Bullet
    Edge TLR Component Bullet .284
    PB284ETLR1
    $54.99
    Currently Unavailable
    Bullet Weight: 155
    Bullet Style: Edge TLR Component Bullet
    Ballistic Coefficient: .610
    Diameter In: 0.284
    Package Quantity: 50
    Usage: Reloading
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    To be fair that is their newest, best, kills everything even if you can’t hit the broad side of a barn, made from unobtanium bullet they make. The MSRP does not surprise me.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Banned
    With many big box sporting goods stores exiting the gun & ammo business due to snowflake public outcries it’s not terribly surprising that Vista is looking for direct marketing channels.

I am a Forum User
    Federal has had ammo allocated for online sales direct and are leaving their dealers with nothing

I am a Forum User
    I check the Federal site a couple times a day and I haven't seen 9mm in stock in a few days. Maybe that channel is even drying up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast