Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member Forum User

Reselling a New Silencer PRIOR to Form 4 transfer -- Possible??

I purchased a silencer (SRD762-Ti) from Sig that was sent to my SOT. However, after further deliberations, I think I will be better served with a combination of different cans so I was interested in Form 3'ing it back to Sig. Sig indicates that although it is technically possible to Form 3 it back to them, per company policy they don't accept returns.

So, having a brand new, unfired can in my SOTs possession, I'm wondering if I can list the can for sale and then transfer to the buyer via either Form 4 from my SOT or Form 3 to the buyer's SOT?

Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by MP15TDriver View Post
    I purchased a silencer (SRD762-Ti) from Sig that was sent to my SOT. However, after further deliberations, I think I will be better served with a combination of different cans so I was interested in Form 3'ing it back to Sig. Sig indicates that although it is technically possible to Form 3 it back to them, per company policy they don't accept returns.

So, having a brand new, unfired can in my SOTs possession, I'm wondering if I can list the can for sale and then transfer to the buyer via either Form 4 from my SOT or Form 3 to the buyer's SOT?

Advice?
    Absolutely. I’ve bought a couple cans that way. You should make sure it’s ok with the SOT, though.

MGO Member Forum User
    Excellent. Thank you.

I did confirm with the SOT and it is all good.

Thanks again.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    You should make sure it’s ok with the SOT, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP15TDriver
    I did confirm with the SOT and it is all good.
    FYI: SOT is a status, not a person or business. They are an FFL (federal firearms licensee) who has applied for and become a Special Occupational Taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    FYI: SOT is a status, not a person or business. They are an FFL (federal firearms licensee) who has applied for and become a Special Occupational Taxpayer.
    Yes, we know.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yes, we know.
    I didn't....thanks Scoop!
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yes, we know.
    Based solely on the content of your post, that wasn't apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    I didn't....thanks Scoop!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Based solely on the content of your post, that wasn't apparent.

You are soooooooo pedantic.