Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    There is currently a Remington Model 11 for sale in the long gun section for $300
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    I 'll echo what everyone else has said here , whether it is an A5, Remington Model 11, or he Savage 720 or the 740C. These are all fine shotguns. I've bought a couple of Model 11's off of Gunbroker in the past few years, I'm still kicking myself for not pursuing a Savage 740C(C stands for Cutts Compensator) last year. I helps to have a C&R license for GB purchases because it's cool to have a firearm delivered to your door. They are easy to work on if need be, pay attention to the configuration of the friction ring, relative to your shotshell load, located on the outside of the magazine tube, and parts can be readily sourced on eBay but nothing seems to wear out on them anyway.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    Can those old ones handle steel shells or would I be limited to Bismuth for waterfowl?
    Unless it is a "modern" A5 and the barrel is specific for steel loads they won't. The Remington and Savage were manufacture in the 1920's and 40's and subsequently those barrels are for lead shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12