Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've looked around a bit but have not found the answer to this question....Does the Michigan Gun Owners group endorse one SD Insurance over another, perhaps even providing a Membership discount?
    Value loyalty above all else!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by kbayless3 View Post
    I've looked around a bit but have not found the answer to this question....Does the Michigan Gun Owners group endorse one SD Insurance over another, perhaps even providing a Membership discount?
    We don't endorse any, per se, but we have a good relationship with Firearms Legal Protection (FLP) and Shyster has consistently said they are the best.

There are pros and cons with each company, but each has advantages over the others.

The best way to find out what fits your needs is to call them and challenge them as to why you should pick them vs their competition (be specific). They all know their competition and how their company's offerings are better. Obviously, they won't highlight what they DON'T cover, but you find that out by calling the other companies and asking the same of them.

Should you decide to go with FLP, please click through the banner at the bottom of the page and MGO will get a small commission at no cost to you. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing who signed-up (we just get a deposit into our bank account), so there is no mechanism to channel that commission back to any paid MGO Members that caused it to happen (i.e., provide for a discount to paid members).
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Understood...I was leaning towards FLP so the fact that they support MGO makes it a bit more clear . FLP it is many thanks!
    Value loyalty above all else!

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I just decided to join with everything going on recently where clear self defense situations are not viewed as such.

I know there are plenty of threads about SD insurance, but figured I'd bring it up again.

Anyone else recently join? If so, which organization?
    What has been your impression thus far (however brief)? Was looking at USCCA or Armed Citizens LDN as well. My initial readings of the 2 have been that USCCA is a bit more expensive but offers generally better coverage for multiple areas and may be a better choice if you're in a situation where you couldn't blow a ton of cash on legal defense.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    What has been your impression thus far (however brief)? Was looking at USCCA or Armed Citizens LDN as well. My initial readings of the 2 have been that USCCA is a bit more expensive but offers generally better coverage for multiple areas and may be a better choice if you're in a situation where you couldn't blow a ton of cash on legal defense.
    So far the pros are that they have an extensive network, allow a lot of flexibility, have a lot of resources at ones fingertips such as their magazine, videos, training etc,.

The only con is that compared to FLP, it seems like depending on what level you select at USCCA, the coverage level as far as money at FLP is higher. For example I'm Platinum at USCCA, and civil defense is $1,000,000, $500 per day loss of earnings, and $150K criminal defense occurrence limit. There's some other bail bond coverage and other items too.

FLP premium is uncapped, 50 state coverage, etc.

So FLP appears to be the better choice, but the real way to know would be to actually talk to people who had to utilize the service. That's really the only way to know.

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    I have a friend that was in a fender bender / road rage where after the two vehicles made contact, the couple from the other vehicle physically assaulted him, striking him in the face several times. He drew his concealed handgun at that point and wisely the couple stopped their assault.

When it was all over, he was never charged with anything, and the couple from the other vehicle were charged with assault. Ha has USCCA and they covered the legal fees, which were still close to $20K I think he said. It took months for him to get his gun back from the Troy police dept, even after they said they would not press charges against him.
    They should be charged with theft, lol.

I thought Shyster was an attorney with USCCA ?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    I thought Shyster was an attorney with USCCA ?
    I represent clients for FLP, USCCA and ACLDN.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    I represent clients for FLP, USCCA and ACLDN.
    Do you recommend FLP over the others Shyster?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi-Infidel View Post
    Do you recommend FLP over the others Shyster?
    I like both FLP and USCCA. Never had to represent anyone from ACLDN
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12