Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Need a FFL in or near Waterford

I have a revolver that needs to be shipped to a FFL on the other side of the state.

Any recommendations??????

Mark

I am a Forum User
    Geno's aka Wicked Trigger. Don't know if he does outbound shipping however.

I called them and they do out bound... but charge $35 for the transfer and $25 for the shipping regardless of where it's going. I think that's robbery.

If the FFL your sending it to will accept it from you, just mail it yourself through UPS. The receiving FFl will probably want a copy of your ID for his log books, and UPS will want a copy of his FFL.

MGO Member
    I am not an expert on the subject but my understanding is that only a FFL holder can mail a handgun.
    Mailing USPS is different then SHIPPING UPS.

I looked into shipping a hand gun to a manufacture a couple of years ago, estimate over the phone (UPS) was close to $100.00.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Shipping a handgun in MI buy a non FFL to a FFL is okay (not by mail) If using a FFL on both ends then you can use mail, UPS, or FedEx.

Most FFLs however will not accept a shipment that doesn't come from a FFL. I check with Esq_Stu on this matter before this post was done.

Mark