Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

New member with a question.

Hey,

I'm from the UK (so no guns here) and I've joined specifically to try and get some info on a safe. I moved into a new house and found it has a safe under the stairs. It's open and works but I can't figure out how to work it.

So I wondered if, when I can post links, I could post a pic and maybe someone could give me some pointers? I have no idea of the make and model. I figured, what better place than a gun owners club to get expert advice.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's entirely appropriate to ask, as I'm not a gun owner (or anywhere near Michigan), so please let me know if this is inappropriate and I'll shut up.

I am a Forum User
    Welcome to MGO.

Go ahead and post up, we aren't really a safe centric forum, but there is a wide knowledge base here so even if people don't have the answer, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

I am a Forum User
    The large majority here are more than happy to help.

Greetings from Imlay City "Gateway to the Thumb",

Home of Vlasic Pickle.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Hey malthus:

If you could post some pictures of the safe that would be very helpful. what is the brand name? I am not that familiar with old english safes but might be able to help.

Is it a old fashioned dial safe and you have lost the combination? If it is open then it is easy to expose the lock and tumbler to view the mechanism and get the combination. If it is a new fangled electronic safe well, I cannot help you there, might want to contact the manufacturer. Most of those have a lockout system that will lock the safe up tight for a period of time if you enter three (or more) wrong combinations.

I am pretty good with the old tumbler safes. I like going to old gun stores with a old safe on display (generally with a small local bank prominently displayed on the door) and opening it up to see what is inside. Generally the older and more unused a safe is, the easier it is to crack it because the lube has congealed and delivers a better touch.

Couple of pics as to the make, model, is it open and such would be awesome.

Cranky

MGO Board of Directors

Welcome to the MGO fourms, Malthus!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys!

I shall post a pic in a new thread in the safes section once I get my post number up to 10. I don't have a make or model unfortunately, hence my difficulty finding a manual online.

MGO Board of Directors

to the forum of MGO
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.