Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Thoughts on AR9’s

Pros? Cons? Experiences? How to equip? Useless? Redundant?

Let’s discuss.

definitely not useless. I am casually interested in one, its on my list to get one, a lil further down the list.

Were you going to get a pistol ?

Do you already have a SBR ar in maybe 223 or 300 ?

Equip with brace or stock depending on your configuration, a red dot, and suppressor.

Rifle or pistol? I've had both. A 9mm rifle is a blast to shoot, and can be a very good option for defending a home.
    Pistol is also fun, but my CZ Scorpion is a much better package than the AR platform as far as size. Mine is a HB Industry micro with a folding brace. Fits in a regular backpack. Harder to do that with the AR platform.

Either way, pistol or rifle, an AR in 9mm is fun to shoot and can definitely be practical.

Dice

MGO Member
    Pros. 1: Blast to shoot, rifle and pistol.

Cons. 1: wife enjoys it just as much. 2: Eats ammo

I like mine, especially with a suppressor and 147 grain bullets.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    Pros? Cons? Experiences? How to equip? Useless? Redundant?

Let’s discuss.
    Following. I have a 9mm AR pistol and enjoy it, kind of want to go full size as well. Curious how others experience has been.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah, I picked one up... rifle. It’s a bit heavy, IMO, but I think that’s mostly because of its big metal hand guard. Thinking I should swap that out for a plastic. Need an optic or a sight too. Thinking just BUIS is the way to go.

Considered selling it too, but I dunno... was a bit of an impulse buy.

I am a Forum User
    Had a transfer customer send in an AR9 pistol rom Brigade Firearms in Florida.

Liked it so much, I ordered one in Tungsten for myself, but with the 5.5" barrel instead of the 9" barrel he got.

Uses Glock mags and has LRBHO. The handguard supports both M-LOK and Keymod (proprietary U-LOK).

I got it a number of weeks back, but haven't had a chance to shoot it.

I did go ahead and order a can for it (Dead Air Wolfman, plus the KeyMicro Adapter and all three KeyMicro brakes (1/2x28, 1/2x36 and 5/8x24), but that will be in jail for a year (I don't have my SOT status).

Would love to get it to the range soon, but we just spent the last month moving and are now dealing with selling the former homestead. Oh, what fun. Soon!

Name:  brigade.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  11.3 KB

Love them, my MPX is one of my favorite items in my arsenal.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

A year or so ago Shyster pick up a 9mm A/R, I don't remember the brand or model but what
    stood out to me was the mag well, it fit the smaller magazine's without having that big .223/
    .556 opening, maybe he'll chime in and say what it was.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast