Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    If you are planning on a 9mm AR make sure the barrel is ramped to facilitate the feeding of the 9mm round.. A straight up walled champer is unforgiving in a slightly missaligned case feed where the bullet might hit the wall and get a bullet setback.
    I know PSA uppers have ramped barrels and they work nicely.. Ask before you buy. Other than that AR9 are fun and reliable.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    If you are planning on a 9mm AR make sure the barrel is ramped to facilitate the feeding of the 9mm round.. A straight up walled champer is unforgiving in a slightly missaligned case feed where the bullet might hit the wall and get a bullet setback.
    I know PSA uppers have ramped barrels and they work nicely.. Ask before you buy. Other than that AR9 are fun and reliable.
    I’ve already got one. It’s a PSA.

MGO Member
    I built an actual AR9 carbine early during COVID as a thing to do. It is very fun to shoot. This one has a 16" barrel and regular stock. I also have an old Marlin 9, and the AR9 is much more fun to shoot,and a bit lighter as well.

I'm getting the parts to make another, but will do a pistol length barrel and brace. Probably put a can on it eventually.

I've never really used a 9mm carbine for hunting, except have made some 90gr XTP hollowpoints for ground hogs out of the Marlin. They work well.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Had a transfer customer send in an AR9 pistol rom Brigade Firearms in Florida.

Liked it so much, I ordered one in Tungsten for myself, but with the 5.5" barrel instead of the 9" barrel he got.

Uses Glock mags and has LRBHO. The handguard supports both M-LOK and Keymod (proprietary U-LOK).

I got it a number of weeks back, but haven't had a chance to shoot it.

I did go ahead and order a can for it (Dead Air Wolfman, plus the KeyMicro Adapter and all three KeyMicro brakes (1/2x28, 1/2x36 and 5/8x24), but that will be in jail for a year (I don't have my SOT status).

Would love to get it to the range soon, but we just spent the last month moving and are now dealing with selling the former homestead. Oh, what fun. Soon!

Attachment 90283
    What kind of price difference for the one you purchased verses the 9 inch barrel? What was the price of the 9 inch model? Thank you.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    What kind of price difference for the one you purchased verses the 9 inch barrel? What was the price of the 9 inch model? Thank you.
    When I ordered mine, there was no price difference between the 5.5" barrel version and the 9" barrel version. The price difference was/is getting it with the SBA3 brace vs the KAK blade (retail price difference between the two currently is $64, with the SBA3 version being more).

Before I ordered mine, I signed up to become a Brigade distributor/dealer.

Two weeks after I placed my first order, they shut down the dealer orders and now we (FFLs) have to order through the regular firearms distributors (which only adds cost and availability).

I just checked three of my distributors and not one single model Brigade AR9 in any color, barrel length or brace/blade configuration is in stock -- everything shows on back order.

If you wanted to order it yourself from Brigade and have it shipped to an FFL, their web site says the current delay is 4 to 5 weeks.

I am a Forum User
    I purchased the Foxtrot Mike 8.5” upper and their lower in July. I have 800 rnds thru it... hp and rnd nose. It’s been flawless

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    A year or so ago Shyster pick up a 9mm A/R, I don't remember the brand or model but what
    stood out to me was the mag well, it fit the smaller magazine's without having that big .223/
    .556 opening, maybe he'll chime in and say what it was.
    I bought a Rock River Arms LAR 9 that takes Colt/Uzi magazines. Cut the barrel to 5", had a custom stainless/titanium suppressor built for it, put a PDW stock on it and stuck it in the safe
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I have one with a SB3 brace and the Fostech trigger. Works great and is one of my favorites. Burns through 32 round glock mags but the smiles are worth it.

I am a Forum User
    I'm tempted to part ways with my BCM and move to a 9mm carbine. I just don't know enough about them to really make an educated decision.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    I built a carbine and a pistol that use Glock mags. The receivers I use can accommodate Glock 26 or larger mags so all my Glock 9's share mags with the carbine and brace-pistol.

Fun to shoot. Uppers are way simple builds since it is blowback - there is no gas tube to align. I would like an A3 carbine upper with pinned sight tower - I was never comfortable using sights on a handguard since I have this nagging uncertainty whether they will return to zero if the handguard is removed and re-installed.

Definitely something to consider since it shares mags and ammo with a carry 9 sidearm. Same goes for a Sub2000 and a PC Carbine. My 5.56 rifles are all in the safe now - everything in my bedroom closet uses Glock 9 magazines or 12 gauge.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast