Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whats regarded as running better, more reliably, ar9 or the ruger charger ?

I am a Forum User
    It’s not exactly an AR9 but my Ruger PC9 is one of the funniest guns to shoot I’ve ever owned..

I am a Forum User
    Pros- Practice is cheaper, not as loud, shoot steel without worry, less recoil with the higher cost options, subsonic

Cons- can be finicky, blowback recoil can be harsh and hard on components

I have a cmmg delayed blowback that takes Glock mags. Sweet rig. If I were to do it again, I would build a cmmg upper and put it on an existing AR lower and use magpul mags with the 9mm adapter to keep it most like a standard AR and not have another complete gun in the safe. I did set it up exactly like my 556 AR for practicing with an identical rig, but be able to shoot steel at closer ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyoustoopid View Post
    Pros- Practice is cheaper, not as loud, shoot steel without worry, less recoil with the higher cost options, subsonic

Cons- can be finicky, blowback recoil can be harsh and hard on components

I have a cmmg delayed blowback that takes Glock mags. Sweet rig. If I were to do it again, I would build a cmmg upper and put it on an existing AR lower and use magpul mags with the 9mm adapter to keep it most like a standard AR and not have another complete gun in the safe. I did set it up exactly like my 556 AR for practicing with an identical rig, but be able to shoot steel at closer ranges.
    I have been thinking about buying a Banshee upper. Is the recoil that much less than the standard 9mm blowback AR9?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I have been thinking about buying a Banshee upper. Is the recoil that much less than the standard 9mm blowback AR9?
    Yes. It’s incredibly smooth. Highly recommended.

I am a Forum User
    CMMG Banshee in 9mm is a nice package that takes Glock mags. They also recently came out with one that will accept Sig mags. You can definitely tell the reduced recoil of the CMMG compared to the CZ Scorpion, not that the Scorpion is high recoil.

MGO Member
    I love my AR9. It started out as a standard PSA billet lower and 16” upper. Over time it has morphed quite a bit. I changed the trigger to a better AR one. I made it a short stroke (the bolt only moves as much as required to load the 9mm round). Then changed out the buffer system. Finally I changed the upper to an Ultra Light Weight. The barrel is 5.5” with a “shroud” added to take ti to the 16” length. Topped that off with a light weight handguard. Tha barrel / handguard swap took more than 1 pound off the front end, making target transitions very quick $ smooth. I have close to 1K rounds thrust it and it has been flawless and fun to shoot.

D1A77C9A-F962-4C84-ADEC-E7791DC82F17.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mitommy; 09-05-2020 at 01:19 AM.

MGO Member
    I really like the CMMG radial delayed blowback setup that "Amphibian" has championed with the A5 buffer tube and KynShot buffer with a Tubbs flat spring. On a registered full auto lower this thing shoots smooth. I actually like the mag inserts that allow the use of Pmags. The problem is the ejector craps the bed after about 1 thousand rounds.

I picked up a SIG MPX pistol a while back. It is a lot of fun and surprising light on felt recoil. I just wish I could drop in a binary/echo trigger but everything I’ve read says the it’s too hard on them.

I am a Forum User
    If I was going to go through it again I would have bought a ready made carbine using either Colt or Glock mags . After buying the parts to adapt an AR15 frame the cost was about the same .

Piles of fun to shoot though , never had a hangup with it .

Jack

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast