Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Looking for a reputable gunsmith for precision rifle.

Hey all

As the title states I’m in need of a smith for a precision rifle build. I’m located in manistee county. I need to have a barrel chambered/threaded/fitted to a rem 700 receiver. I would also like the action trued, stock bedded. Thanks in advance.

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    For what you’re looking to do it doesn’t sound like you have a local smith in mind so you may as well pick anyone in the country that you like. It’s just as easy to box up your parts and ship them to one smith as another then wait for them to mail you back your rifle unless you’re looking for a smith within driving distance.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Do you have any personal experience with their services? I’m looking for someone to do some cerakote for me and I’m shopping for a provider.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Do you have any personal experience with their services? I’m looking for someone to do some cerakote for me and I’m shopping for a provider.
    I shoot PRS matches with several guys who are sponsors or shooters themselves. Very well regarded in the PRS / competition shooting circles.

All my cerekote has been done by Danco411 in Fenton. For my money, nobody beats him. He's not close for you in GR however.

https://pierceengineeringltd.com/

They are in Lansing. Has a very good reputation. More than just a gunsmith, given that they make their own actions in steel and Titanium. Dont know their current workload, but you will have to ask about their lead time. Good smiths can be backlogged many months. But dont take my word for it, send an email or pick up the phone.

I am a Forum User
    Quads thanks for the recommendation I’m going to check out the site right now.

I am a Forum User
    Mitten I’ve never been a fan of shipping firearm parts especially expensive ones that take months to procure. Though the thought has crossed my mind. I’ve always driven to my custom rifle builders when I lived on the west coast.

Red Oaks near Onaway.

https://www.redoakgunsmithing.com/
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

I am a Forum User
    Westcliffe I’ll check them out too. And yes I’m familiar with good smith lead times. Played this game before hahaha.

Quads what’s the shooting club/association for the PRS matches you shoot?

I appreciate the quick responses and feedback you guys are awesome.
    Last edited by Tacdriver83; 09-01-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast