Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    There is, but that wasn't the point.
    If someone feels the need to use Windex with ammonium, have at it, it's not going to hurt anything. With the usual corrosive ammo that pops up being potassium based, there's no need, just use your tap. Some people, like myself, don't have any cleaners with ammonium in it. So I would be buying it for one purpose, which it wouldn't even help with.

Ammonia works on copper which can layer over carbon deposits holding them in place. Does it work quick enough in a winded mix to be effective or is winded effective on the salts that may be buried under the jacket material I can’t say. I would personally use hopes or other powder fouling solvent. Hopped amount other solvents was developed back when corrosive primers were common so I’d trust it should be more effective then glass cleaners or tap water.
    Keep in mind I’m not a chemist, these are just musings
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I thought I was going to just buy some PPU .30 Mauser and avoid the whole mess but I guess I needed to consent 3 times or somethings since the order never went through so by the time I realized as it was sold out. I found some more at a reasonable price and ordered it post haste only to realize it said it was vintage so seems I'm likely back to having to spray down my poor Tokarev with ammonia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12