Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Scope for 17wsm

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Scope for 17wsm

Hi everyone, Just wanted to see what scope you guys are running in 17WSM? I'm looking for a good scope for my Ruger 77 in 17WSM. Has anyone had experience with a Vortex Optics CF2-31015 scope?
    Any info appreciated.

I am a Forum User
    I have this on my Savage 17WSM
    https://www.chuckhawks.com/bsa_super...4-14_scope.htm

It's very basic, but it's also very easy on the pocket at 125 bucks. I believe there is a newer version to this that may be worth a look.

Good: Reticle for different bullets, 20 or 25g.
    Bad: One trick pony. Can only be used on a 17WSM for sake of conversation.

Optically, the Vortex Crossfire would be a step up in quality, but it wouldn't give you the BDC reticle if that's important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    I have this on my Savage 17WSM
    https://www.chuckhawks.com/bsa_super...4-14_scope.htm

It's very basic, but it's also very easy on the pocket at 125 bucks. I believe there is a newer version to this that may be worth a look.

Good: Reticle for different bullets, 20 or 25g.
    Bad: One trick pony. Can only be used on a 17WSM for sake of conversation.

Optically, the Vortex Crossfire would be a step up in quality, but it wouldn't give you the BDC reticle if that's important to you.
    I have the same one for the same reason -- no problem with groups covered by a quarter @ 100yds. It's me not the scope or gun if I send out a flyer. Honestly the ammo is the biggest issue, but it got better after a while. Shame though, I bought it for coyotes @ night but they opened it up to center fires now, not sure what it's really good for now. To hot to hunt squirrels or rabbits, to small for deer, not to many prairie dogs around here. Makes a nice blow up mess of an egg @ 100yds though!

I am a Forum User
    If you can find a Nikon rimfire with BDC used or new old stock they are pretty good as well.

I have a a 4x12-40mm BDC Rimfire.

The Spot On App is really nice to use for the scope.

http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/s...spoton.html#:4

Quote Originally Posted by melville View Post
    Hi everyone, Just wanted to see what scope you guys are running in 17WSM? I'm looking for a good scope for my Ruger 77 in 17WSM. Has anyone had experience with a Vortex Optics CF2-31015 scope?
    Any info appreciated.
    The last rifle I bought got a VX6 1-6x24, a little light on magnification for what you're looking for, but wow...what a scope. I'd take a look at the VX6 2-12x42, VX5 2-10x42, etc. Lower in price the VX3 2.5-10 x40 is a fine scope as well.
    Last edited by mpawkelly; 09-18-2020 at 10:25 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mpawkelly View Post
    There has a lot of good optics for 17 WSM like Nikon ProStaff, BSA Optics 17 Super, Vortex viper 6.5-20×50, Vortex CF2-31015 Optics. But the Vortex CF2-31015 is the best option as 17 WSM optics. I just got CF2-31015 for my 700 Long-range. It's as good glass as I've ever looked through including Leopold and Zeiss.

I am a Forum User
    There has a lot of good optics for 17 WSM like Nikon ProStaff, BSA Optics 17 Super, Vortex viper 6.5-20×50, Vortex CF2-31015 Optics. But the Vortex CF2-31015 is the best option as 17 WSM optics. I just got CF2-31015 for my 700 Long-range. It's as good glass as I've ever looked through including Leopold and Zeiss.
    Last edited by Loganc; 09-22-2020 at 11:01 PM.

i have this on my savage 17WSM. it is pocket friendly as i got mine at 140, it workls pretty well.