Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlxlvr View Post
    I sold most all my firearms and ammo, I kept enough for what I needed, but i'll replenish when prices are cheaper again.

everything is price gouged right now though, used bikes are selling for almost new prices, kayaks are 2x what they were last year. boats sold out, all sorts of shortages we normally don't see. things will settle. those who prepared made a few bucks as always. it's nowhere near as bad as some of the previous shortages though.
    I disagree. This ammo shortage seems different. After sandy hook there would still be ammo that would come up for sale. It would last 15 minutes or so. I bought a ton at fair prices.

This time around ammo is not being restocked at all. There's some old stock that prices have been raised, but hardly no new stock. It's just weird, hardly anything seems to be restocked. It's just really odd.

I have 1,000 rounds listed for $550, but no bids. I am not sure how the gunbroker search works.

"Buy Now" or "Auction" (or combine) where the buyer has a choice. Auction price should start low and build...
    (you can add a reserve price, if it does not meet it, will not sell).

You need to start low to receive bids, demand will drive the price up.....

Starting high may not receive any bids.. also shipping costs effect the selling amount..
    You never can predict what will happen in an auction.

================
    Yesterdays "Local" Closing Auction had one lot of 7.62x39 Hollow-Points on stripper clips sell for $1 per round, + 10% buyers fee, + 6% state Tax.

That's unreal

9mm running about $0.63 per round, + 10% buyers fee, + 6% state Tax.

MGO Member
    Stopped at one gun store they had a shelve of Winchester 9mm , 50 round for $60 it wasn’t going very fast.

MGO Member
    gun store when they get it still 18.00 per 50 9mm one box limit

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    Stopped at one gun store they had a shelve of Winchester 9mm , 50 round for $60 it wasn’t going very fast.
    If they put a limit of two on it they would sell out.
    Just from perceived notion.

MGO Member
    The last 9mm I bought was $12.99 per box with a 3 box limit. That was hard to swallow considering the same stuff was just $6.99 per box with no limit.

I do remember when 9mm was $4.99 per box. I bought a lot at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    gun store when they get it still 18.00 per 50 9mm one box limit
    + tax

Certain online stores were close to that range in the obozo years. It's a lot of time waiting to catch stock that is really in. Certain stores cancel orders all the time and if you have a discount code you will lose your coupon unless you really raise hell about it (Bass Pro) If you do actually get it shipped to you then there is the problem about it possibly being stolen off your porch. That is why if I sell it isn't going for PSA's sale price from last September.

You are better off in this period, if you need some ammo, to buy from a private seller who is, if you think about it, not marking it up all that much considering their time, effort, and risk.

Anyone got any gold I can buy at $400 per ounce?

I am a Forum User
    have some I paid $200.00/oz.. (back in '76)..wouldn't sell it for $400 though..( not even $800.)

I wonder if the current shortage is due to a shortage of Lead..read somewhere most lead in the USA is mined in Missouri..& mines were closed for
    about 3 mos. (?) and that we import lead from Brazil (?) ..read that our mines have reopened, but Brazil mines remain closed.

just did a search..we get most our imported lead from Mexico, Canada, & China.. & most our domestic lead does come from Missouri.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast