Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowtimeXX View Post
    Listen..... ive been through the ups and downs. Ive got ammo and will continue to buy at different prices. Im simply saying that guys buying just to turnaround and flip on their fellow citizen/gun owner and at HUGE markup is BS. If I had 5k to sell in a market like this, I wouldnt..... I simply would not charge that price. I would hold it for myself or to a later date. If someone really needed it, I would sell for what I got it for. I guess that me being a decent dude. For those who need it who did not buy when the buying is good, their bad. They must pay market price. But to just buy and markup and sell.....nah. not for me. Not on ammo. Its not like stocks, ETFs etc. And yes, I've had economics. I get supply and demand.
    It's exactly like stocks. If you didn't mark it up 3-8 percent minimum per year you did not learn anything about inflation , time value of money, opportunity cost, and most important elastic vs inelastic.

Go take about four econ classes over again. You missed it all.

Most important lesson, there is no time machine. You do not get to go back to 1998 and buy apple. You buy guns n ammo and mags or don't. No one cares. Go buy 107k pickup, no one cares.

You are not morally or ethically superior for not selling ammo you do not have.

Making 20k on ammo is exactly the same as 20k on a car, house, any collectable, tool, x. It's all the same.

<snip> Im simply saying that guys buying just to turnaround and flip on their fellow citizen/gun owner and at HUGE markup is BS. <snip>
    It's called capitalism.
    Making a profit, even a huge one, on non-essentials, is not a crime, nor is it immoral.
    Running to Aldi's and buying all the milk then turning around to sell it at $10/gallon during the Dempanic panic horde makes you a douchebag, but not immoral.

Next month when guns and ammo prices near crest (well, crest if Trump is re-elected), I won't have a problem selling a few boxes of ammo at 20% below market price. I've taken advantage of sales, bought rifles from Brownell's on clearance sale, picked up 50k rounds of discount .22 LR here and there, and I don't think it is immoral for me to turn some of that around at a profit to buy groceries, or something I want.
    I can promise you that the $300 AR I bought from Brownell's a couple years ago has been turned around for a profit. It sold to a friend for $500, and he was thrilled to nab it at that price

You didn't, or won't, sell your house for what you bought it for, or even adjusted for inflation; you sell at current market value.

If I do a welding job for someone it costs me about $5 to run the welder and pay for the filler rod. I promise you I charge more than $5 to weld your project.
    A mechanic buddy of mine would charge people the price of parts (retail) +10% for simple car repairs. He got a significant discount on parts, so that is where he made his money. Was he a douche?

Someone advertising 1000 rounds of cheap 9mm ammo for $600... I wouldn't pay that, but I have a goodly supply of ammo on hand, plus materials to reload for a few years.

The guy I worked with that has been sitting on cases of AR mag's since the Obama era is about to break even or possibly make a few bucks. Good for him.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    It's all a matter of supply and demand, there are a lot of first time buyers out there afraid of the protestors and rioters buying anything and everything they can. Gun and ammo manufactures are shorthanded and limited to what they can produce, in some cases closed because of the coronavirus.
    Last edited by Chuck43; 09-07-2020 at 07:10 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Listen..... ive been through the ups and downs. Ive got ammo and will continue to buy at different prices. Im simply saying that guys buying just to turnaround and flip on their fellow citizen/gun owner and at HUGE markup is BS. If I had 5k to sell in a market like this, I wouldnt..... I simply would not charge that price. I would hold it for myself or to a later date. If someone really needed it, I would sell for what I got it for. I guess that me being a decent dude. For those who need it who did not buy when the buying is good, their bad. They must pay market price. But to just buy and markup and sell.....nah. not for me. Not on ammo. Its not like stocks, ETFs etc. And yes, I've had economics. I get supply and demand.
    Why is ammo different? It's a commodity just like anything else.

MGO Member
    A couple of factors in the ammo shortage is there is a brass shortage and manufacturers were or are shut down due to the China flu.

MGO Member
    This discussion has already been had. The only people who have lost their minds are those paying the ridiculous prices.

Me, I won't sell unless it's to a close friend at market prices otherwise I hold.

I laugh when I see want adds, trade 1 case of 5.56 for your $650 pistol. Who would do that? The solution to your problem is to ignore and don't buy at high prices

MGO Member
    I've ask this before it's ok for a pharmaceutical manufacturer to raise it's prices by 300%. The we should do away with the consumer protection agency and let the power and gas companies triple their rates. Supply and demand.The petroleum refineries can cut their out put and increase the price. If you didn't like the price you don't have to buy. Let's not forget the guy in Kentucky who went out and purchased all the hand sanitizer and wanted to sell in for triple at the start of the pandemic. We don't live in a true capitalism society if we were then we would have monopolies ( Teddy Roosevelt broke the up in 1900).

MGO Board of Directors

When you see that 1,000 rounds of 9 mm selling for $750 you may wish you bought it for $600
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Similarly, I chuckle when I see ads selling ammo at replacement prices, implying they will go out and buy another batch just as soon as they sell their ammo to me. Why sell in the first place, unless the seller purchased the ammo at the bargain prices from a couple years ago?

I know there are good people here, who are more than willing to help their fellow shooters, and I applaud you. I question if those who will sell below current market price will replenish their stock at today's current market price?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast