Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Similarly, I chuckle when I see ads selling ammo at replacement prices, implying they will go out and buy another batch just as soon as they sell their ammo to me. Why sell in the first place, unless the seller purchased the ammo at the bargain prices from a couple years ago?

I know there are good people here, who are more than willing to help their fellow shooters, and I applaud you. I question if those who will sell below current market price will replenish their stock at today's current market price?
    The only ammo I’m willing to sell currently is ammo that I hardly use. Sold some .45, and I have my 1911 listed. Sold my 10/22, the .22 is listed. It’s below market price, but above what I paid. Win/win for myself and the purchaser in the current market. You won’t see me getting rid of my 9mm ammo though, as I don’t intend to purchase any at today’s pricing.

A co-worker with knowledge that I am an avid shooter, became aggressively upset when I refused to sell him ammo. Several times he declared, "I'll pay you market value, I'm not trying to rip you off!"
    He just couldn't understand that I didn't want to give up a commodity that in the near future cannot be replaced affordably, or at all.

He kept demanding, "How much ammo do you need?", then became apoplectic when I said, "Just a little more."
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    This discussion has already been had. The only people who have lost their minds are those paying the ridiculous prices.

Me, I won't sell unless it's to a close friend at market prices otherwise I hold.

I laugh when I see want adds, trade 1 case of 5.56 for your $650 pistol. Who would do that? The solution to your problem is to ignore and don't buy at high prices
    There is a percent that have not lost their minds, they are new, sorta waited on the fence too long etc and they are fine with paying the asking price.

Now they can sleep better.

Not everyone is stuck on the best volume deal online from the last ten years, that is not most peoples baseline.

They are just a lil worried, and they are middle class or upper middle class, and they blow 40-200k out their you know what every year and spending double on an ar 15 one time, as just a one time thing, is really not a big deal to most people.

If you buy 3k worth of stuff from prices last year and have to pay 6k, it is what it is. Lesson learned.

Jump on that stock, buy that undeveloped lot you want, buy that undervalued soon to start up ticking collector car. Do not buy the collector car when its going down, do not buy it when it shot up 400-600 percent in 15 years. Buy it at that first uptick.

"Wasting" 3K paying over is actually a sorta cheap life lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    A co-worker with knowledge that I am an avid shooter, became aggressively upset when I refused to sell him ammo. Several times he declared, "I'll pay you market value, I'm not trying to rip you off!"
    He just couldn't understand that I didn't want to give up a commodity that in the near future cannot be replaced affordably, or at all.

He kept demanding, "How much ammo do you need?", then became apoplectic when I said, "Just a little more."
    also it has not reached peak price either. Tell him to get his wallet open ten days before the election if he is serious.

I am not likely to sell anything so for me its just an interesting third party observer on the price stuff, and people showing how narcissistic they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Similarly, I chuckle when I see ads selling ammo at replacement prices, implying they will go out and buy another batch just as soon as they sell their ammo to me. Why sell in the first place, unless the seller purchased the ammo at the bargain prices from a couple years ago?

I know there are good people here, who are more than willing to help their fellow shooters, and I applaud you. I question if those who will sell below current market price will replenish their stock at today's current market price?
    two parter, if they tell you about it, they are taking a loss to buy your good opinion, its not real. They did it with self interest and self promotion in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post

I find it interesting how many people come to me thinking their lack of preparation should be my crisis. And how irate they become when I refuse to solve their problem because solving their problem results in me now having a problem.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I find it interesting how many people come to me thinking their lack of preparation should be my crisis. And how irate they become when I refuse to solve their problem because solving their problem results in me now having a problem.
    This is true for more than just ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    They used that money on other things, we should know where it went.

Did they buy tesla two years ago or 8 years ago and they are making a killing?

Starting.... now! It's a brotherhood.

Not a brotherhood when they buy a house with tesla stock, you are not living free in that house, because you are not the OPs bro.

Go buy a 22 and a box of ammo you will be fine.

If not, start sling your stuff off, I have some nice rifles I would entertain selling if they double or triple in price again.

If not, start sling your stuff off, I have some nice rifles I would entertain selling if they double or triple in price again.

If you even have three well chosen firearms and 500rds you will be fine so quit complaining.

If not, start selling your stuff off, I have some nice rifles I would entertain selling if they double or triple in price again.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast