Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    But did it rain? Remember the muck class of 2017?
    Admit it, the class was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Trek is cursed
    guns just break in his vicinity
    I had an SBR have an unrecoverable failure during his carbine class. I had taken that setup to the range many times before without issue. I had to ditch the SBR and pick up my spare.
    always bring a backup gun to Trek's classes.
    Had a sig250 on backup. Used the LC9spro because I'm carrying it more and wanted to improve. With it failing (extractor, spring, plunger actually fell out) on the last target, I didn't see the need to skew my data by shooting a gun I'd of likely shot better to begin with. Trek and Brandon taught the tools for me to fix myself and I'll shoot up another target once gun is up for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Admit it, the class was fun!
    It was the most fun I could have had with 10lbs of mud on my boots!

Trek puts on a great class regardless of conditions.

Did he do any trick shots at the end?
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Good class (and yes it rained). Thanks to MGO for setting this up.

Am I the only one who thought Trek was a bit long winded...specially at the beginning? I really found myself wishing he'd get to the point so we weren't standing around so much.

But, it is a very good basic pistol class and is worth while for those just starting out or those who want to go back and learn the fundamentals again

My Ruger LC9s Pro functioned flawlessly. It is my primary EDC pocket 9 and is a little more difficult to shoot accurately than a full size pistol but I'm glad I used it.

Last edited by Garymac; 09-30-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    But did it rain? Remember the muck class of 2017?
    It rained lightly pretty much all day, not like running for cover in 2017. Mud wasn't a issue and the sun came out right at the end of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post

Am I the only one who thought Trek was a bit long winded...specially at the beginning? I really found myself wishing he'd get to the point so we weren't standing around so much.

But, it is a very good basic pistol class and is worth while for those just starting out or those who want to go back and learn the fundamentals again

You aren't the only one. Trek has interesting stories but my hip was screaming for me to sit down when he was only 1/2 way thru. Next time I'm going to bring my chair up to the line.

I'm glad I attended the class. I learned some techniques and I have to practice, practice and practice. 800 times to begin building my muscle memory! It was well worth the time and effort. And thanks to MGO for the opportunity!

Thank you MGO wonderful class and learned a few things to work on.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post

My Ruger LC9s Pro functioned flawlessly. It is my primary EDC pocket 9 and is a little more difficult to shoot accurately than a full size pistol but I'm glad I used it.

I have to imagine that the safety brief has to be exhaustive, to cover all the different experience levels of students that attend the class.

Also, while it was a little too much for me, we have to remember that regardless of that long brief, someone was still asked to leave the class only an hour in for being unsafe.

Im in full support of as many safety briefings as necessary that involve preventing having a gun pointed at me by a fellow classmate.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    I have to imagine that the safety brief has to be exhaustive, to cover all the different experience levels of students that attend the class.

Also, while it was a little too much for me, we have to remember that regardless of that long brief, someone was still asked to leave the class only an hour in for being unsafe.

Im in full support of as many safety briefings as necessary that involve preventing having a gun pointed at me by a fellow classmate.
    Nearly identical to the one he presented at my last MDFI class. Trek's thoroughness on the safety brief is great. And like he said (paraphrasing) If you don't get a brief like this at other places leave.

Nothing is "safe" but mitigation and planning make it as safe as possible.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post

I get the safety stuff, it was all the extraneous stuff through the day that got tedious. But it was a very good class non the less.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast