Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I get the safety stuff, it was all the extraneous stuff through the day that got tedious. But it was a very good class non the less.
    Everything not safety related was to reinforce why you were there, why learning from them, and why to question any preconceived notions about accuracy. I'd argue that as similar as this class was to the last one, not many words are intended as being frivolous. Giving his and Brandon's background wasn't to impress anyone, it was to show that as good as they can be they need to practice the drills we went through that day to keep the skill level. The only things i can think of that wasn't YSINTG information were plugs for other classes offered. Not doing so would be a poor business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    I have to imagine that the safety brief has to be exhaustive, to cover all the different experience levels of students that attend the class.

Also, while it was a little too much for me, we have to remember that regardless of that long brief, someone was still asked to leave the class only an hour in for being unsafe.

Im in full support of as many safety briefings as necessary that involve preventing having a gun pointed at me by a fellow classmate.
    Pretty sure he wasn't asked to leave. He left on this own accord after realizing what he did.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Pretty sure he wasn't asked to leave. He left on this own accord after realizing what he did.
    Sorry, you're correct. There were two times he was made aware of by the instructors of his unsafe actions, and chose to leave after.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Everything not safety related was to reinforce why you were there, why learning from them, and why to question any preconceived notions about accuracy. I'd argue that as similar as this class was to the last one, not many words are intended as being frivolous. Giving his and Brandon's background wasn't to impress anyone, it was to show that as good as they can be they need to practice the drills we went through that day to keep the skill level. The only things i can think of that wasn't YSINTG information were plugs for other classes offered. Not doing so would be a poor business decision.
    There were teaching moments. One of them is that when I teach my classes, I hope I don't ramble on as much as Trek.

Another is...try not to walk around all day with your hand on your gun like Shane.
    Last edited by Garymac; 10-08-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    I don't remember Shane walking around with his hand on his gun all day at my last class but at this one Brandon was sure touching his a lot. A bad habit in my opinion if you are a conceal carrier and are constantly touching it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456