Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Any Remington Shotgun experts?

I have an original Remington 1100 Trap, serial number dated back to 1970..

Called Remington and they have no data on parts compatibility for these..

I was interested in upgrading the carrier assembly to the Remington "competition" model, which makes loading shells a little by enlarging some of the factory parts.

At the same time, I wanted to a magazine cap sling adapter for carrying easier during sporting clays.

Called Remington, they had no data on either of those parts. Tried the Remington branded "universal" mag cap sling adapter and the threads did not match the mag tube, so no go there either.

trying to avoid drilling and tapping the stock magazine cap if I cant even find a replacement for it at this point. Any ideas?

I am a Forum User
    My 1100 is about the same vintage,and while I have no ideas on modifying the carrier assembly,the end cap is easily modified with this product from Midway.
    ...I'm sure Brownell's has even more choices.

I also added a magazine extension for added capacity,and additional forward weight, for "swing through" on the Clays.

I am a Forum User
    You may have done this but if not go on shotgun world to ask and look around.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    My 1100 is about the same vintage,and while I have no ideas on modifying the carrier assembly,the end cap is easily modified with this product from Midway.
    ...I'm sure Brownell's has even more choices.

I also added a magazine extension for added capacity,and additional forward weight, for "swing through" on the Clays.
    Oddly enough, I picked up that kit from cabelas..the remington branded authentic one..and the threading on the magazine cap doesnt match mine.

which magazine extension did you add?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Oddly enough, I picked up that kit from cabelas..the remington branded authentic one..and the threading on the magazine cap doesnt match mine.

which magazine extension did you add?
    Not sure if you mean the brand, or the capacity?

It's been so long ago,that I don't remember the brand,but it now holds 8 shells,so I assume I added a three shell capacity.

Lots of choices from various vendors.

I may look into putting on an extension for my "SBE",which is my favorite choice for sporting clay's.
    ...Just had it rebuilt by Benelli,and it works flawlessly now.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Not sure if you mean the brand, or the capacity?

It's been so long ago,that I don't remember the brand,but it now holds 8 shells,so I assume I added a three shell capacity.

Lots of choices from various vendors.

I may look into putting on an extension for my "SBE",which is my favorite choice for sporting clay's.
    ...Just had it rebuilt by Benelli,and it works flawlessly now.
    I was curious about the brand. The wilson combat 1-2 round remington extensions look well made, they're a rebadged brand of something else that I cant remember the name of.

At this point I figure 1 in the chamber and 4 in the tube is good enough for me to leave it alone, especially since the remington mag cap didnt work.

I did order the tactical/competition carrier action, so wish me luck and hope that one fits.

I also ordered this sling combo setup (front and rear) after talking to the guy who owns it, and him saying he felt like I shouldnt run into any issue with compatibility. This looks like the only thing I need to be sure of is tube diameter being the same throughout the years.

https://www.gggaz.com/remington-870-...tachments.html