Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Nessel Joins Coalition Supporting Ban on Large-Capacity Magazines

A sign of things to come!
    AG Nessel Joins Coalition Supporting California’s Ban on Large-Capacity Magazines

By Andrea Ludema
    News Net Northern Michigan
    September 9th. 2020

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel joins 17 attorneys general to defend California’s ban on large-capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

In a friend-of-the-court brief filed in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the coalition supports California’s petition for en banc review in Duncan v. Becerra, a case in which a divided three-judge panel struck down California’s ban.

The brief argues that the Second Amendment allows states to enact reasonable firearm restrictions that protect public safety without infringing individuals’ core Second Amendment right to self-defense.

“As Attorneys General, my colleagues and I have a duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of our residents,” said Nessel. “While Michigan doesn’t have a comparable statute on the books, it’s important that I join my colleagues in an effort to preserve the right for each state to implement common-sense public safety and firearm regulations.”

Since 2000, California has prohibited the manufacture, import and sale of large-capacity magazines. In 2016, to further stem the proliferation of large-capacity magazines, the California legislature and the California electorate passed Proposition 63 banning the possession of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Nine other states and the District of Columbia have also enacted laws banning large-capacity magazines. The constitutionality of those laws have been unanimously upheld by other federal courts of appeals.

I am a Forum User
    "... the Second Amendment allows states to enact reasonable firearm restrictions that protect public safety ..."
    That's odd ... I don't see that written here:

“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

MGO Board of Directors

"... the Second Amendment allows states to enact reasonable firearm restrictions that protect public safety ..."

This is a fallacy.
    There are no reasonable restrictions on inalienable rights.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    There are no reasonable restrictions on inalienable rights.
    Hence, the use of the word 'inalienable' ...

I am a Forum User
    Does anyone believe this would not be ignored by almost every gun owner in Michigan?

MGO Member
    Can WE THE PEOPLE start a coalition to ban these idiots????

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    Can WE THE PEOPLE start a coalition to ban these idiots????
    Yes, it’s called a recall petition. Nessel needs to have one out for her just like wHitler
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    How many people don't vote?

Yes, there are recall petitions, but the more important issue is to vote and put forward the right candidates in the first place. We need to field better candidates.

I am a Forum User
    I like to call them STANDARD capacity magazines.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    How many people don't vote?

Yes, there are recall petitions, but the more important issue is to vote and put forward the right candidates in the first place. We need to field better candidates.
    Two separate issues-having quality, trustworthy, honest and dedicated candidates and those voters who are disenchanted. Perhaps if they had a real candidate they’d be more motivated.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca