I bought one of the old 'original' ones months ago and have tried to fire it twice. The gun looks good and clean; like it was seldom fired; but now that I've tried to fire it, I've found it doesn't work!

When I chamber a round from the magazine, I notice that the guide rod sticks out under the barrel about 1/4" or so; I know it shouldn't do that. The trigger will only pull half way; then it stops - and won't fire. I've yet to manage to get it to fire a single round!

I notice the guide rod goes back flush under the barrel opening when I unload the chamber - giving up. I saw in a video where these guns' guide rods are actually in two pieces inside the spring.

I have NO familiarity with these 'Tokarev' pistols at all; but initially read the Serbian made M 57 was supposed to be one of the better ones. It came with a very nice holster; the two (- 9 rd) mags that have the 'eyelet' on the bottom to hook them on something, a very flawless Serbian 'crest' engraved on top of the barrel behind the chamber; thought I was getting a nice gun pretty inexpensively.

Anybody know what's likely wrong - and how I can fix this thing? Thanks. - Greg