Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Zastava M57 Tokarev won't fire!

I bought an older, 'original' model months ago - and found it won't fire. Gun is very clean, looks like it was seldom fired, nice Serbian crest on top behind the chamber, old style magazines with the eyelets on the bottom, nice, clean original leather holster, etc. These guns are 7.62 x 25 cal.

I find the guide rod will stick out in front about 1/4" when a round is chambered, which I know it shouldn't do. I pull the trigger half way - and it stops; won't fire! When I remove the round from the chamber the guide rod - which I saw in a video is in two pieces placed end to end in the spring in this gun; recedes back in place as it should.

I also learned these guns are 'single action'; but I haven't been able to fire a single shot yet! Anyone know what's likely wrong, and how I can fix it? Thanks. - Greg

I am a Forum User
    Check the firing pin. Also, remove the magazine safety.

MGO Member
    Guessing your Tokarev has the safety that had to be added for importation. If it is the frame mounted safety, they occasionally have issues. The grip will sometimes prevent the safety from completely going off. Remove the grip on the safety side and see if the safety goes completely off (dry fire). If it releases with the grip off, you can remove enough material to let it seat. Is the pistol going fully into battery?You should be able to tell by looking at it from the rear.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you