Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: 10.5" AR Pistol

I am a Forum User

10.5" AR Pistol

So I am thinking about building an AR15 pistol with a 10.5 inch barrel. I already read a ton of threads discussing overall length and legalities. I want to be able to carry it in my car with my CPL and I have come to the conclusion, based on other's responses, that a 10.5 inch barrel with an SBA3 brace will keep me under the 26 inch overall length limit. So my questions are:

1.) Is my assumption correct?

2.) Does it matter what muzzle device? I am wanting to put a flash can on it, but will put on an A2 if needed for legal length reasons

3.) What did you build? Feel free to list your build and pictures, trying to get some inspiration and ideas

Thanks Y'all

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansky2 View Post
    1.) Is my assumption correct?
    Yes.

Does it matter what muzzle device? I am wanting to put a flash can on it, but will put on an A2 if needed for legal length reasons
    No. Muzzle device is not part of the OAL measurement - only to the end of the threads.

What did you build? Feel free to list your build and pictures, trying to get some inspiration and ideas
    A bunch of 'em, including several just like your description.

I built a 7.5” 5.56 with a Maxim brace. The 7.5” barrel is absurd, but the linear comp does a great job of directing flash and blast forward, making it tolerable for the shooter and those around you. A 10.5” with a birdcage is more concussive than my creation. Linear comps work wonders on pistols.

I forgot the OAL exactly, but it’s tiny. The Maxim brace uses a shorter than standard tube with a proprietary buffer. IIRC it came out to 19.5” when measuring from rear of tube to end of naked muzzle. Fully extended to end of device is 26”.

You can see how the linear comp directs the blast and flash. Surprisingly pleasant to shoot.

Muzzle device wouldn't count in OAL *unless* it is permanently affixed to the barrel but then if you ever decide to stick a can on it, you kind of shot yourself in the foot figuratively speaking.

I think I went with an 11.3" Ballistic Advantage barrel on mine and stuck this on the end which is IMO the most effective linear comp. I've ever used: https://www.primaryweapons.com/product-url-5232
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com