Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

+could modern manufacturing tech end ammo shortages ?

saw & read this article on how a Texas based company wants to improve ammo production for our military.
    I wondered ..if they can do it for the military, why not form the civilian market ?
    It would be possible. Seems like our military is going to switch to a polymer cased round.. is that in the future for all firearms ?
    A lot to ponder, after reading this article & considering the possibilities it presents..
    here's the article :https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-supply-chain/

MGO Member
    possible made from soybean plastic

I am a Forum User
    And they're not taking advantage of the current market why? If this so easy to do, why haven't they set up a civilian side line and started to really rake it in? We've had four or five "ammo shortages" in the last decade, but I've never seen any of their product on shelves.

I am a Forum User
    This only works until the tree huggers start screaming about polymer being left in the forests, oceans, and so on.

MGO Member
    I'm guessing....only our government can afford it.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Right now the shortage is pistol and rifle primers, which a polymer case isn't really going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    I'm guessing....only our government can afford it.
    It saves them a crap load of money on shipping and logistics charges because of the weight savings.