Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Ruger buys Marlin

I'm super excited to announce that Ruger has acquired Marlin. With the bankruptcy filings from Remington multiple assets went up for bid and Ruger won the bid to acquire Marlin. Marlin, as most may know, has had a history of very spotty QC since being purchased by Remington in 2007. Ruger has a penchant for building really strong firearms, and Marlin has a history of beautiful lever rifles. Together they'll probably do some really cool stuff. It's nice to see Marlin in the hands of company that should turn them around and make them great guns again.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/re...ts-bushmaster/

MGO Member
    And they shall hence be known as "Ruglins".

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post
    Yeah that and "beta-tester ready" .

Jack

Wow, this is great news. I makes perfect sense. Ruger has the tech and resources to do this well.

MGO Member
    now i wonder if they reintroduce the 39

I am a Forum User
    Ruger and Marlin seem like a good fit to me. I’m glad to see Marlin going to a US company and a real gun company not a investment holdings company. Ruger has always been pretty good at listening to customers and being innovative at bringing things to market. A 39 seems like a natural fit to go along with Rugers .22 lr revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    Ruger and Marlin seem like a good fit to me. I’m glad to see Marlin going to a US company and a real gun company not a investment holdings company. Ruger has always been pretty good at listening to customers and being innovative at bringing things to market. A 39 seems like a natural fit to go along with Rugers .22 lr revolvers.
    It will happen, ruger does not make anything like that in .22 so it will happen, it will not cannibalize any of the ruger products this is a great thing, marlin is mostly lever rifles and cheaper 22s.

The 60,70p, 795 slips under the 10/22. The cheaper marlin bolt action centerfires compete with the ruger American but that's fine, both brands have their followers. Everything else does not really compete. Marlin does not make lever action stuff at the moment, so all the lever action marlins are good to go. No cannibalization. They will not steal sales from other ruger products.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 09-29-2020 at 07:46 PM.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post
    Or “Marlger” depending on how the process of naming based on ‘mother’ and ‘father’ name lineage. Either would be fun.

https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.o...hybrid-animals
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    Yeeehaaa I see my dividends soaring.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast