Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Out with the old, in with the new. It will be interesting to see if Marlin fans will be hankering for the old Remlin made Marlins after Ruger starts making them. Probably not LOL. I wonder how long it'll take to get Marlin manufacturing up and running and where they will be made? Maybe a year before we start seeing Ruger made Marlins?
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Member
    First "Ruglin" I want to see, would be a 39M in stainless and chambered in WMR.

That would be my "Ultimate Mountie"!
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    whatt did the value all the stuff laying around? How much for all the cnc, machinery etc ? The name could be worth around $5 mill alone.
    I didn’t see where they individually valued the assets, just did an inventory for Marlin. There were some tally sheets with some assets, values and some other info listed in the main filing but not within the agreement for Marlin that I saw.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Confirmation from execs the just want name, machinery, etc. Marlins will be built in existing ruger facilities, overseen by ruger management.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ver-gun-ruger/

Lipsys has a whole page of ruger exclusive models they get, I hope they the do this with marlins. Tons of stainless, factory fiberoptic sights, marble peep sights, new lengths etc.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Lipsys has a whole page of ruger exclusive models they get, I hope they the do this with marlins. Tons of stainless, factory fiberoptic sights, marble peep sights, new lengths etc.
    That would be very nice yes-there is a place in Michigan also, Randy’s that gets special Ruger models that don’t show up elsewhere-I hope they can also get one-off Marlins too.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    That would be very nice yes-there is a place in Michigan also, Randy’s that gets special Ruger models that don’t show up elsewhere-I hope they can also get one-off Marlins too.

randy moves a lot of guns, I think he buys them upfront, so if he wants to order 500 custom configured rifles and he has a relationship with ruger I assume they would make almost whatever he thinks he can sell. Which will be nice.

I just picked up a new 1894. SIGNIFICANTLY better quality than what Narlin was putting out 5-10 years ago. Fit and finish actually looks good, and feels like an $800 rifle. Woodwork looks much better, action is smooth. I’m curious to see how much better these get under new ownership now.

I am a Forum User
    I think this is a great fit the only real competing models are bolt actions. I suspect Marlins bolt actions are gone accept maybe for some private label business in the big boxes. But Marlins levers were the best designs on the market, and with some help on renewing their QC it could put them back in business as a player. The 45/70 Marlins are great bear guns, and maybe Marlin might do a 450 bushmaster or 350 Legand in a lever as a GREAT deer gun for So MI and IN hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Burk48237 View Post
    I think this is a great fit the only real competing models are bolt actions. I suspect Marlins bolt actions are gone accept maybe for some private label business in the big boxes. But Marlins levers were the best designs on the market, and with some help on renewing their QC it could put them back in business as a player. The 45/70 Marlins are great bear guns, and maybe Marlin might do a 450 bushmaster or 350 Legand in a lever as a GREAT deer gun for So MI and IN hunters.
    That has randys gun shop all over it. Randy special, custom order 1,000 of each and he will sell them in a hurry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast