Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So who ended up with Remington?

MGO Member
    I don't think anything will change, Marlins will still be made on Marlin machinery. Acquiring Marlin allows Ruger to compete in the lever gun market against Henry and Mossberg. I think they would drop all Marlin's bolt guns, but the Model 60 and 795s are so inconic (the Model 60 is the best selling 22 of all time) that I don't think they will get rid of them.

If they still have 39 machinery they might make a 39 again but I doubt it.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    I am really hoping to see Marlin's QC go back to pre Freedomgroup QC.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstan View Post
    Yeah that and "beta-tester ready" .

Jack
    Yeah, Ruger quality the last few years has been spotty at best. Just not the same company since William Ruger died. Marlin has been mediocre, at best. The chances of two homely, 'slow' kids producing a beautiful and/or academically superior child seem unlikely.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I don't think anything will change, Marlins will still be made on Marlin machinery. Acquiring Marlin allows Ruger to compete in the lever gun market against Henry and Mossberg. I think they would drop all Marlin's bolt guns, but the Model 60 and 795s are so inconic (the Model 60 is the best selling 22 of all time) that I don't think they will get rid of them.

If they still have 39 machinery they might make a 39 again but I doubt it.
    I think you might be right about the marlin bolt guns, it would depend on what their research shows if they will both sell, what the profit margin is on each etc.

Ruger QC is so much better, the guns are not top notch but marlin was just sending anything out. Nothing was rejected. Then you had to play their games and they try to tire you out.

Ruger has excellent customer service based on the few people I know that sent stuff back.

My buddy traded a bmx bike for a super red hawk that was used, and bubbed by the previous owner, who claims later he bought it that way. My friend got to pick out any super redhawk, and finish, any configuration he wanted, and sent the old one back to ruger. I think he paid nothing. Not even shipping.

I am confident if you get a marlin from ruger they will take care of it. I think their QC will be much improved.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Yeah, Ruger quality the last few years has been spotty at best. Just not the same company since William Ruger died. Marlin has been mediocre, at best. The chances of two homely, 'slow' kids producing a beautiful and/or academically superior child seem unlikely.
    I disagree. I think Ruger quality improved after Bill died. Do they have issues? Yes, with the number of products they turn out it will invariably happen.

I agree with Marlin being mediocre. Quality has suffered under the current ownership. Let's face it, Remington/Marlin went bankrupt because they weren't selling product. They weren't selling product because their products were crappy. Remington lost market share to everybody. Marlin lost market share to Henry.

Will quality improve under Ruger? As I stated before Marlin will continue to make the same rifles by the same people using the same machinery. Efficiency might change using different manufacturing techniques i.e pod groups brought in by Ruger. Quality Control might change with retraining and improved employee morale. But then again it might not. Factory workers are factory workers.

On the other hand, if Ruger didn't think they could turn Marlin around and make a profit they wouldn't have bought them. Product quality is key factor in selling product.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I disagree. I think Ruger quality improved after Bill died. Do they have issues? Yes, with the number of products they turn out it will invariably happen.

I agree with Marlin being mediocre. Quality has suffered under the current ownership. Let's face it, Remington/Marlin went bankrupt because they weren't selling product. They weren't selling product because their products were crappy. Remington lost market share to everybody. Marlin lost market share to Henry.

Will quality improve under Ruger? As I stated before Marlin will continue to make the same rifles by the same people using the same machinery. Efficiency might change using different manufacturing techniques i.e pod groups brought in by Ruger. Quality Control might change with retraining and improved employee morale. But then again it might not. Factory workers are factory workers.

On the other hand, if Ruger didn't think they could turn Marlin around and make a profit they wouldn't have bought them. Product quality is key factor in selling product.
    management, training, culture, matter. They can use the same machines which are not the problem, train better, hire better, manage better and see a huge improvement in quality and profitability. In less than a year or two it could be a totally different outcome in the same building, starting with the same people. In two years management will be almost all new, 1/3 of the floor workers will be different if they do not get on board right away.

MGO Member
    Got an email from Ruger about the merger. They will move all manufacturing to their facilities
    "The transaction is exclusively for the Marlin Firearms assets. Remington firearms, ammunition, other Remington Outdoor brands, and all facilities and real estate are excluded from the Ruger purchase. Once the purchase is completed, the Company will begin the process of relocating the Marlin Firearms assets to existing Ruger manufacturing facilities."
    Last edited by ppruchnicki1; 09-30-2020 at 07:24 PM.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    Got an email from Ruger about the merger. They will move all manufacturing to their facilities
    "The transaction is exclusively for the Marlin Firearms assets. Remington firearms, ammunition, other Remington Outdoor brands, and all facilities and real estate are excluded from the Ruger purchase. Once the purchase is completed, the Company will begin the process of relocating the Marlin Firearms assets to existing Ruger manufacturing facilities."
    Did their release say what they paid for Marlin?

I scoured thru the 1498 page filing from the lawyers (who must get paid by the word). They inventoried real property sure, but also all tooling, equipment, machinery, and all parts down to the screws, springs and pins. It was quite interesting really to see how they went over everything-point being in the exhibit on the Ruger-Marlin deal they agreed to a purchase price of $30 Million US. They must think there is some value there and Ruger must be doing well to spend that type of cash.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Did their release say what they paid for Marlin?

I scoured thru the 1498 page filing from the lawyers (who must get paid by the word). They inventoried real property sure, but also all tooling, equipment, machinery, and all parts down to the screws, springs and pins. It was quite interesting really to see how they went over everything-point being in the exhibit on the Ruger-Marlin deal they agreed to a purchase price of $30 Million US. They must think there is some value there and Ruger must be doing well to spend that type of cash.
    whatt did the value all the stuff laying around? How much for all the cnc, machinery etc ? The name could be worth around $5 mill alone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast