Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Ruger Customer support

Is Great!!

During the recent MGO Ysintg class, my 5yo LC9spro had the extractor, extractor plunger, and spring fall out. I called Ruger to get PN's and order replacements. Rep took my information and said parts would be sent in a day or two, no charge, without me having to ask for that to happen!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Is Great!!

During the recent MGO Ysintg class, my 5yo LC9spro had the extractor, extractor plunger, and spring fall out. I called Ruger to get PN's and order replacements. Rep took my information and said parts would be sent in a day or two, no charge, without me having to ask for that to happen!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    I had the exact opposite experience with ruger. I purchased a ruger mark IV used when I was 19 and about a year later the recall went out. I tried to send in my pistol to be fixed but they told me it was illegal for me to own a pistol. I tired to explaining to them the law and how it was legal for me to own it. I went all the way up into CS management but they still told me that is illegal for anyone under 21 to own a pistol. There solution was for me to “sell” it to a family member that was over 21, have them send in the pistol and then have the family member sell it back to me. Needless to say I still have a pistol that fires when you take the safety off.

MGO Member
    I have two no1s wanted to fine twist rate, emailed them last night with questions got answers back this morning by 8 am. Did not expect such a fast reply.
    Great support!

MGO Member
    I always had good luck with them any time I had to deal with them in the past through work.

I'm glad to hear they're improving. Many years back ( sometime in the 200Xs ) I bought a mark II, the deal was send in proof of purchase, register with them and get an extra mag, a gun rug and something else. I called no less than 5 times over a 9 month period with them either saying they would return my call ( not even once ) shipped it out (Nope ) the time after that they said they were out and would ship it when it came back in stock ( it came back in stock which leads to the last call ) and the last but best one was that the promotion is over, if you had called earlier.... I've left Ruger off my new firearms buying list since.
    I do love the Ruger mark series pistols, so accurate and fun to shoot.
    Last edited by TheWabbit; 05-07-2021 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Slow thinking

I am a Forum User
    When did Ruger start selling parts to people ? I grew up with having to send it to them for anything.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by barber View Post
    When did Ruger start selling parts to people ? I grew up with having to send it to them for anything.
    As far as I can tell they have been doing that for a long time now, at least for me personally.

It seems to depend on what rep you get & how you react with them. Over the years I have had very good luck with Ruger sending me replacement parts but sometimes I have to be creative in how I approach the request & how I go about getting them to believe that I have an actual problem & not just trying to scam them out of a free part.

On the few times that I have had a problem in getting a part sent I just say thanks, then hang up & call back later to get another rep.

It does depend on what you are requesting, they obviously won't send out a slide, or frame, or hammer but things like strikers, springs, or mag parts, sights, extractors, etc I haven't had a problem getting.

Quote Originally Posted by barber View Post
    Parts are listed on their website.