Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    Cabelas had I say 100,000 9mm this morning
    Dundee?

MGO Member
    dundee 100rd box cost ya 28.00 fellow let me know he got some abut 3pm had about 100 boxes left on shelf problay got a large back order in

not serious they always seem to meet demand and its not like everyone has been using it, rather everyone's cellar, spare bedroom, walk in closest etc is a defacto Armory storing thousands or tens of thousands of rounds. Regular people you would not even suspect.

So shortage is relative. Its out there.

You have to always store up what you feel comfortable with as a reserve. Then buy who knows, 3,000 to mess around with. Never dip into the reserves, never. Rotate or not who cares. But if you get in this mindset you can not panic. You just do not go shoot for a few months, or you pay extra to do it. Your choice.

Don't sweat it.

Get your ammo pile right and you can shrug off this sort of craziness.

Doesn’t matter if it’s ammo or toilet paper...if you wait until everyone else is buying you’re going to pay top dollar at best, or go without at worst.

MGO Member
    What's unique about this ammo shortage in comparison to others that I've seen is all ammo is gone. In the past it was .22lr or .223/5.56 or even 9mm. This time it is literally all calibers. Even obscure ones like 9.3x62 and .500s&w.

There are just a few calibers out there available. I'm simply not interested in most of them. I was thinking of getting a. .300wm and there isn't any ammo available for it.

This is crazy. I have enough ammo, but I'd like to keep buying. However with the increased cost and low availability it won't be possible

I had predicted ammo would be around by Thanksgiving time...I was wrong. As mentioned, this is a strange "shortage." Everything is sold out. Almost every caliber.

In times past, the European stuff trickles in. Then the Russian stuff. Then finally American stuff... That's long overdue now. And I personally don't see an end in sight.

I wish a lot of my friends would have stocked up when I warned them to. Remember this every week: "Kroger, Meijer, Dunham's for ammo." Not a lot of them took my advice though...

I am a Forum User
    something else different about this shortage..
    .I have never seen online & LGS have their entire inventory of FIREARMS depleted.

Been a firearms enthusiast for 50 yrs. & never before seen inventory depleted.
    This too must be a factor in the ammo shortage.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    something else different about this shortage..
    .I have never seen online & LGS have their entire inventory of FIREARMS depleted.

Been a firearms enthusiast for 50 yrs. & never before seen inventory depleted.
    This too must be a factor in the ammo shortage.
    That's because the other shortages were caused mainly by "gun people" buying stuff up. This time was different. Besides the gun people, you had a lot of more, liberal, first time buyers contributing.
    Last edited by JohnS624; 12-23-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    That's because the other shortages were cause mainly by "gun people" buying stuff up. This time was different. Besides the gun people, you had a lot of more, liberal, first time buyers contributing.
    ^This exactly. 23 Million transfers this year so far, up 73% from 2019. FBI numbers...
    Millions of new gun owners, scared of right/left whatever.
    People selling ammo, any ammo, have no idea what is coming.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    People selling ammo, any ammo, have no idea what is coming.
    QFMFT!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast