Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Super Vel .45 ACP

I have a 18 Pack of 190 grain, .45 ACP, original Super Vel.
    The pack is a plastic case,
    Never saw another anyone,. know anything about these?
    Value?
    DSCF4902.jpgDSCF4901.jpg
    [QUOTE]["Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin/QUOTE]

Those go way way back. They were the hot rod ammo of the day. Not unlike Corbon cartridges of today.... The Super Vel cartridges were generally a lighter than standard bullet... (hence the 190 grain .45 ACP... rather than 230 grain) traveling very fast.

I'd guess that box is from the 1960s . No idea on value see if you can find some for sale using Google.

Mark

I checked an the company is still in business... I'd contact them for help dating the box. They went into business in 1963 BTW.
    Last edited by MichiganShootist; 10-03-2020 at 01:57 PM.

MGO Member
    I have a small collection of Super Vel ammo, it was the original "Hot Rod" ammo for police departments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Jurras

https://supervelammunition.com/history/

Your box would have to be in better condition, to bring any premium, over regular ammo.
    Last edited by john.41; 10-03-2020 at 08:05 PM.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.