Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

What's the most powerful firearm you have shot?

Curious what the most powerful firearm is that everyone has shot? I'm a big bore junkie so I've fired some pretty powerful rifles.

For me it's a 50 BMG. If we're talking solely shoulder-fired weapons, then it's a .460 Weatherby Magnum.

For handguns it's a 500 S&W Magnum.

.460 magnum or 3in turkey shell.

I am a Forum User
    .460 XVR

I am a Forum User
    50 BMG Barrett for shoulder fired, 45/70 on handgun, 105 on M-60A1 for biggest boom.

I am a Forum User
    Mk19

M2 .50cal

Berret bull pup and M92(?) 50 BMG then a 416 Taylor in bolt guns.
    500 S&W and 460 handguns.

I’m not a recoil fan anymore and have gravitated more toward small center fires or even 22lr as I get older and the hands get stiffer.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    22LR

I’m not sure if it was the most powerful, but my 10ga magnum SxS is the one that beat me up the most. After a box of shells my shoulder and bicep was yellow and green from bruising. It looked like I broke a bone there was so much color. Beat the ever loving snot out of me. I was not brave enough to pull both triggers at the same time. It’s a ton of fun though.

I have wanted a safari caliber rifle for many years (.416 rigby) just to have, but seeing what that 10ga did to me makes me wonder if I’d ever shoot the thing more than twice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I’m not sure if it was the most powerful, but my 10ga magnum SxS is the one that beat me up the most. After a box of shells my shoulder and bicep was yellow and green from bruising. It looked like I broke a bone there was so much color. Beat the ever loving snot out of me. I was not brave enough to pull both triggers at the same time. It’s a ton of fun though.

I have wanted a safari caliber rifle for many years (.416 rigby) just to have, but seeing what that 10ga did to me makes me wonder if I’d ever shoot the thing more than twice.
    The 10 gauge probably kicks slightly more than the Rigby. It's about on par with the 458 Win Mag in regard to recoil.

Honestly if you want a good safari caliber than won't break the bank yet or beat the snot out of you then you really cannot go wrong with the 375 H&H Magnum. It's also probably one of the most versatile calibers you can own, especially if you reload. You can go down to 230gr rounds for hogs and medium game, move up to 250-270gr heavy hitters for large game, and then run 300gr solids or partitions for dangerous game like cape buffalo, elephant, etc.

What is this? Some kind of "mine is bigger" contest?

How third grade.

Two rounds out of a Holland and Holland double rifle with iron sights, chambered in .470 nitro express, from the bench. One round from each barrel, target at 200yrds.

The two round struck within 1.5 moa of each other, they were about 2 moa high and 5 moa left.

I have done it once, I don't need to experience that again.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast