Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I’ve always wondered what recoil must be like with these cartridges. https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...-In-Production

Hubble posted a video of him shooting on a few years back on another site and it rocked him good. Rifle weight is a big factor when shooting the big rounds
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I always thought I was a masochist who enjoyed recoil until I shot hot goose loads out of my SxS 12ga. It's not as bad now that I see it coming but I can't even imagine a 10ga.

My SxS 10ga is huge too. 32” barrels, and weighs around 18lbs. It still rocks me. What’s even worse though, which is most egregious, the manufacturer didn’t instal sling swivels! So I have to actually carry that thing into the field. Which is worse than the recoil, lol.

I’ve been trying to find a Lee classic loader so I can reload some 7 1/2 shot target loads for it. The only lead loads I can find for it are turkey and 00 buck. Neither are pleasant. Both are approaching $5/ shell now. I haven’t shot it in years.

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    I have a cannon with a inch and a half bore in it. Does this count?
    samr but fired my friends, might even be bigger, 2 inch maybe ill have to ask. Shot it a mile out on the lake.

Otherwise 45-70, my 870 super mag with 3.5 inch slug. 600 gr .

Barrett 50 cal, my 8yr old son shot it too
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    338 Lapua ai, 50 Beowulf, but my fav 45-70

Okay, I'll play! It is fun AND informative reading all the posts!

44 Magnum, from a Rossi 1892 - 16" barrel, S&W 629 - 4" barrel, Ruger carbine, and Thompson Center Contender. I don't care to shoot too much out of the pistols but the rifles are fine.

308 from an AR and Remington 700. I don't care to shoot that too much either.

12 gauge from 870's and an 18" coach gun. Don't like the 3" shells or the high power 2 3/4" shells.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not fond of recoil.

Ten gauge for me, I've shot a variety of different model ten gauges but the one that shot the hardest was a Zabala double barrel and it had
    a butt plate not a pad.

Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    Ten gauge for me, I've shot a variety of different model ten gauges but the one that shot the hardest was a Zabala double barrel and it had
    a butt plate not a pad.
    That’s the 10ga I have, a Zabala. Even though the “anti-flinch-pad” has long since dried out, it still sucks to shoot. I can’t imagine that thing with a steel plate.

Let’s put it this way......I’m more afraid to shoot it because of how thin and potentially dry the wood is in the wrist than I am of bruising myself. I was told never to pull both triggers because the recoil has been known to crack their thin wrists.

I am a Forum User
    An XM-218

I am a Forum User
    I had the opportunity in my young and dumb Army days to shoot an NTW-20. Never again. A 20x82mm cartridge is just loony.

Oddly enough, I think it's CA compliant, seeing as the standard capacity mag for it is only three rounds...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234