Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    I have a cannon with a inch and a half bore in it. Does this count?

Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    .500 s&w pistol, but the .454 casually felt worse.

9.3x62 in a rifle

I've shot a 10 gauge in a semiauto, so it wasn't bad
    It really depends on the pistol for the .454

I’ve had a few, the raging bull is brutal, the Blackhawk Bisley is gnarly, but my Toklat is a joy to shoot even with full house loads. My “plinking” round is a 245gr GC Keith bullet moving around 1600 fps. I can shoot that all day. The 1900 fps 240gr’s are still quite tolerable, though fatiguing after a few cylinders. But....the Toklat uses the Hogue Tamer grip that has a thick gel insert in the back strap that has about a 1/2” of cushion.

Not the most powerful.....but this guy was the least pleasant thing I’ve owned.....

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    It really depends on the pistol for the .454

I’ve had a few, the raging bull is brutal, the Blackhawk Bisley is gnarly, but my Toklat is a joy to shoot even with full house loads. My “plinking” round is a 245gr GC Keith bullet moving around 1600 fps. I can shoot that all day. The 1900 fps 240gr’s are still quite tolerable, though fatiguing after a few cylinders. But....the Toklat uses the Hogue Tamer grip that has a thick gel insert in the back strap that has about a 1/2” of cushion.

Not the most powerful.....but this guy was the least pleasant thing I’ve owned.....

It was a Ruger Super Redhawk with the black rubber grip with the redwood insert...it hit my hand something fierce. Not that I couldn't shoot it if my life depended on it...it just wasn't something that I wanted to do again! However, the .500 in the S&W X frame with a compensated 8" barrel isn't bad in comparison. I'd rather shoot a .44 mag, but the .500 isn't bad. I own 1, don't shoot it much; but I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    It was a Ruger Super Redhawk with the black rubber grip with the redwood insert...it hit my hand something fierce. Not that I couldn't shoot it if my life depended on it...it just wasn't something that I wanted to do again! However, the .500 in the S&W X frame with a compensated 8" barrel isn't bad in comparison. I'd rather shoot a .44 mag, but the .500 isn't bad. I own 1, don't shoot it much; but I have it.

I’ve been looking for a new grip for it, something less sticky on clothing but still squishy, and was considering that grip. I guess I’ll avoid it.

I am a Forum User
    Pretty sure the 120mm on my tank takes the cake for me, followed by a TOW...but that's a wire-guided missile not a firearm.

Shoulder fired? would have to be a M107 .50BMG

Handgun is a .454 Casull

A 105 MM howitzer. 7 miles was a chip shot. The most fun was cranking it down and shooting direct fire.

Then would be a bazooka --- but that's a launcher not a firearm... I guess.

Rifle would be a 458 double gun.

Pistol wise--- a Ruger 480 with a 8" barrel. And a .50 action express Deseret Eagle

That's a pretty solid list

Mark
    Last edited by MichiganShootist; 10-07-2020 at 03:09 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Shot a ruger #1 in 458Lott a couple weeks ago. Unpleasant

Ruger #1 375 H&H, fired off hand not that bad, but makes you take notice.

I wonder how the new safari magnums are, like .577 Tyrannosaur or .600 overkill. The overkill is on the same level of energy as a .50 BMG, but in a 1000 grain solid, in a lighter rifle with no brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I’m not sure if it was the most powerful, but my 10ga magnum SxS is the one that beat me up the most. After a box of shells my shoulder and bicep was yellow and green from bruising. It looked like I broke a bone there was so much color. Beat the ever loving snot out of me. I was not brave enough to pull both triggers at the same time. It’s a ton of fun though.

I have wanted a safari caliber rifle for many years (.416 rigby) just to have, but seeing what that 10ga did to me makes me wonder if I’d ever shoot the thing more than twice.
    I always thought I was a masochist who enjoyed recoil until I shot hot goose loads out of my SxS 12ga. It's not as bad now that I see it coming but I can't even imagine a 10ga.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast