Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

22 Plinkster Padlock challenge

So I saw this yesterday on YTube and immediately figured I needed to give it a go.

I started making a video last night about loading ammo for such a challenge and today while editing, i threw it down the toilet; mistakenly. 21 minutes of dopeness gone.
    Here is the video that I didn't scrap.

https://youtu.be/MQ3d0WUQHKs

I've been on fire this week of shooting but sadly the lock didn't pop. Plinksters rules were that you couldn't damage the key either. As you can see, I wrecked it.

Pretty high bar he set.

SicVic

I am a Forum User
    Is that uncut footage from the time you start the target camera, discuss the shot, put the camera down, leave it recording, get on the husky and ride away, take the shot, and ride back to the target. 5ish minutes let's call it?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Is that uncut footage from the time you start the target camera, discuss the shot, put the camera down, leave it recording, get on the husky and ride away, take the shot, and ride back to the target. 5ish minutes let's call it?
    No, that is not correct. That's a KTM. Lol

Yes, uncut except the end where I give props to Master Lock.

The bummer is that I made an entire video of the ammo build up and the full lead up to to the shot. Everything edited down to 21 minutes but my phone didn't have the space to save the edited video so I was like, I'll just delete the reloading videos to make room.
    Apparently, and editor needs the original video to save the edited video. I'm such a rook at this tech stuff but I can jerk a trigger like a champ.

I've been on fire this week. First the penny, then a hanging nickel, yesterday a card hanging on its side from fishing line and now today with this wicked close attempt.

On a side note, if you don't get rid of those primers in the near future and have something come up that brings you out in the Thumb I'd meet up with ya to take em off your hands.

Yeah Buddy!

I am a Forum User
    Nice shooting.
    Last edited by Quads; 10-13-2020 at 12:08 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    I call bull****.

It's remarkable how sound (at 1125 fps) travels at the same speed as your bullet (~2700 fps). I've been trying to wrap my head around how you make a 411 yard shot.... hit a penny size target.... your first shot.... and...... the report of the rifle and the bullet arrive at the target at the *exact* same time. (3:32 on your video) There should be roughly a generous second delay. ref: Speed of Sound. Unless the laws of physics work differently on your property. That's some kind of gun!

NOPE.
    I read this last night before bed and have been working hard today to post up more stuff that may or may not make the math work out.
    Sounds like you have a solid grasp of the numbers side so I'm trying to get you the information.

I have the original untouched clip but it sounds exactly like the clip I posted so I'm guessing that does nothing for us???

I guess I should ask forthright, am I gathering information to aid in figuring out the sound vs impact dilemma or are you just saying I was not @ 411 yards?

Let me know either way so I can get you the right information.
    Thanks!

Vic

I am a Forum User
    Opps... just saw the above Bull**** part. Lol

So this is pretty cool. I have a video on my tablet that I recorded last month and I did it the same way I did this one. Rode the Motorcycle down, placed tablet, back to shoot and so on.
    This video is at 1050 yards and when I play it back it sounds exactly the same.
    One shot hits the pvc post and you see the chip and hear the sound at the same time.

It's twice as far and the sound is instant.

Anyways, I'm struggling getting it into Google Drive on the table.
    I'll keep after it.

Vic

I am a Forum User
    This is not the video I described above but it is the one from the day before the lock shot.

I edited in a crappie photo of my shooting platform in front but the rest of the video plays unedited through 2 shots. I eventually hit this card on the 6th shot.

This the lock and the nickel video were all from and to the same location. 411 yds

Of course you are only taking my word that I didn't ride a big circle and shoot from 6" behind the camera.

Are you a believer yet? Lol I can keep changing the flavor of the Kool Aid...

I will however completely agree with you though. Judging from the sound, the bullet and the sound arrive at about the same time.

Oh, the flight time for that round was .512 @ 410 yards and velocity at tgt was 2103 fps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8fsqTk_o7U

I am a Forum User
    Edit
    Last edited by Quads; 10-13-2020 at 12:06 AM.

I am a Forum User
    So this is it; all I can do.

You see the impact at the top left side. Hits pvc crossbar.

Do your sound comparison math and let me know what you think.
    If it comes out wack I'll have to roll with being Bull****.

Night ya'll

Vic

https://youtu.be/IoiDc8OMfpM