Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Shooting the Blade of an Axe

I'll start first by thanking Bikenut for planting this in my head yesterday.

Once he told me about it I went to the Web and found more information.

22plinkster had the sickest version where he shoots the axe, the bullet splits then manages to also split two playing cards. One on each side.

I said yes please, I'll take that one.

To ruin the ending; it's kinda hard!

I have all the video but I broke this to bare bones cause I'm going to keep trying. When and if; then I'll splice it together.

What you see is the first shot of the day. What you don't see is that I set it up again and did the same thing on the next shot slightly lower but with the same destruction. Again not splitting cards.

I constructed my system off what I saw in his video and made some changes this afternoon.
    The .264 eld comes to a point at the end leaving no error room.
    The way the bullet curve balls into the axe is also an issue.

I've got this shot figured in two stages. 1 is use mad Jedi Knight skills to shoot a point to a point. 2nd stage is dumb luck takes over and fragments go toward the cards.

That's the plan.

I'm happy with the results today and I think the axe rig is working really well.
    It is a super sick challenge and ima keep after it.

Thanks again Bikenut!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U7QvudkF3og

Lastly, if you're new to seeing my posts and wanna call this fake feel free but know; in the end I do have all supporting video all the way up from sharpening the axe blade and slicing a piece of paper with it. Just sayn.

You're welcome! Enjoy! Oh yeah, love the videos!
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

Looks like fun! We did something similar with an axe and balloons, at a Police officer fund raiser, only with handguns, and a whole lot closer!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Looks like fun! We did something similar with an axe and balloons, at a Police officer fund raiser, only with handguns, and a whole lot closer!
    Bikenut said I should uses balloons but I was like naw; to easy. Lol
    Eyes bigger than the stomach situation.

Even building the contraption to hold the axe was fun. I have a good time with it and it's a great trainer. No room for error.

Vic

MGO Member
    Very cool.
    I need to make more time for stuff like that.