Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 123mg9898 View Post
    Just got off the phone with the officer in charge of the buyback. Apparently they are not fond of us offering more money for the firearms. He said we would be in violation of the city ordinance which requires a "peddlers license". Unbelievable. I thought this was a free country. He also told me that they are going to be melting down all of the guns. What a waste.
    HA!!
    The cops always give me a mean-mug when I'm handing over cash and intercepting their booty.
    They dont like it, but I dont care.

I am a Forum User
    Just got off the phone with the officer in charge of the buyback. Apparently they are not fond of us offering more money for the firearms. He said we would be in violation of the city ordinance which requires a "peddlers license". Unbelievable. I thought this was a free country. He also told me that they are going to be melting down all of the guns. What a waste.
    That is unfortunate.

Anyone planning to go anyway? I would like to but have an unavoidable commitment. Maybe next time.
    If anyone does go, make sure to get all mil-surp/antique firearms. I hate it when antique/rare firearms are distroyed.

One small silver lining is the responses to the GRPD facebook post. Almost 100% of people were lambasting the stupidity of the buyback and I think I only saw one or two post for it out of a hundred or so. Good stuff .

MGO Member Forum User
    With the rise in gun sales nation wide this seems like a waste of time and tax payers money. How can they even do a “buy back” with social distancing lol

Idiotic

I am a Forum User
    If you guys check their facebook page, only 107 firearms were turned in! lol Not in 2020!

MGO Member Forum User
    If you guys check their facebook page, only 107 firearms were turned in! lol Not in 2020!
    Surprised they got that many.

I am a Forum User
    News this morning said they had to close early after running out of gift cards within the first two hours.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123