Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Building your own guns

So regular buying guns doesn't release the same amount of dopamine as it used to so I started building my own guns. I'm starting a mk 2 sten build, then an uzi, and then I think I'm gonna make a 22 single shot pistol that fires from an open bolt(that would be legal because it won't have a way to accept a magazine correct?) and I'm thinking about a hammer fired 12 gauge pipe gun too... With access to a drill press, mig welder, dremel and hopes and dreams what other kinds of guns are relatively easy to put together, I have a place in my heart for any subgun build, IF YOU'VE DONE A SEMI AUTO PPSh-43, LET ME KNOW, thinking about a cz26? Ak and hk g3 style guns are out of the picture as well as any guns the rely on rivets (I don't have a press and don't have a good spot to put one for the time being).

fal kits of the old days dried up, but they are out there, easy to work on. Get gun plumbers book.

Maybe get into restoring wood on old guns if you want to do gun stuff for fun and stay busy.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9991 View Post
    So regular buying guns doesn't release the same amount of dopamine as it used to so I started building my own guns. I'm starting a mk 2 sten build, then an uzi, and then I think I'm gonna make a 22 single shot pistol that fires from an open bolt(that would be legal because it won't have a way to accept a magazine correct?) and I'm thinking about a hammer fired 12 gauge pipe gun too... With access to a drill press, mig welder, dremel and hopes and dreams what other kinds of guns are relatively easy to put together, I have a place in my heart for any subgun build, IF YOU'VE DONE A SEMI AUTO PPSh-43, LET ME KNOW, thinking about a cz26? Ak and hk g3 style guns are out of the picture as well as any guns the rely on rivets (I don't have a press and don't have a good spot to put one for the time being).
    did you get a template bonded steel tube for your Sten?

i remember when they were all over the gun shows for $25. a Sten kit would set you back $39 and with your tax stamp you could be into the FA game for just over $250

I am a Forum User
    Yup that's the way I'm going, unfortunately I was born in the wrong generation and missed out on all the cool stuff

I’ve never attempted this but I am going to look j to what you shared and see about it thanks

Have build several other types of guns, but not the pps43 yet. Have several kits as well as the hammer fired trigger groups and one of the complete lowers and bolts from one of the pioneer semi guns. Was just going to copy their bolt mods and the FCG is a copy of theirs as well. Just haven't been motivated to make the flat bending jig yet. Perhaps when done with the last couple welded yugo ak builds. Also have a ppsh41, sten, a couple more kp31's, kp44, sten and will likely get a uzi kit.

As far as the open bolt single shot, the atf considers the open bolt a "readily convertible feature" so I wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole.

Quote Originally Posted by ltdave View Post
    did you get a template bonded steel tube for your Sten?

i remember when they were all over the gun shows for $25. a Sten kit would set you back $39 and with your tax stamp you could be into the FA game for just over $250
    when was this ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    when was this ?
    Would be before 05/19/1986. Picked up a MK2 kit for about that price back then. Open bolt semi's were legal up until 1982 and the old pamphlet that came with my kit had directions for just welding in a blocking bar to block off the FA position. Think I got my kit in 85 so the open bolt semi was a no-go at that time, and hadn't sent off for a tax stamp before the 1986 mg ban so no cheap bullet hose for me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    when was this ?
    I picked up a couple of tubes with the template in CALIFORNIA no less, in 1989. California Expo Center outside Sacramento. that was a great show for guns and collectibles. 2 buildings about the size of Mt Clemens Gibraltar Trade Center...

Ohh ok, good, I was still a kid then, I was in 6th grade in 1989/90. I was just making sure I was not old enough to possibly have done this.