Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    It’s still business as usual for vendors, it’s the freeloaders that are having to pay to play. I’ll just keep my business on MGO, and give my money to them.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Since its a money grab - How long before Armslist posts fake ads- with lowball prices
    to entice persons to sign up to get a "To Good To Be True Deal"
    And when you contact the seller its " Sale Pending" thanks sucker.

Looks like the smart sellers are putting their phone numbers in the ads, so at least they can talk to the freeloader buyers!
    Active airport shooter

I added my email and phone number to every ad. What a pain in the azz.
    If they are going to charge people, that will drive the traffic WAAAAAAAY down.

It will jsut be vendors in there. Nobody wants to see that. Like going to a gun show and only gun-stores set up to sell.
    Private sellers make it better for everyone.

I hope they see the error and let individuals list things free again. Maybe have a better vetting process to weed out the scammers.

I am a Forum User
    I just sent Armslist an email from my Vendor account. I let them know our shop will not be renewing our annual subscription unless they reverse their policy of charging customers access. The policy will inevitably reduce traffic to the advertising our company paid for. I don’t expect my email to affect their policy, but maybe enough of the premium vendors will complain and we can move the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I added my email and phone number to every ad. What a pain in the azz.
    If they are going to charge people, that will drive the traffic WAAAAAAAY down.

It will jsut be vendors in there. Nobody wants to see that. Like going to a gun show and only gun-stores set up to sell.
    Private sellers make it better for everyone.

I hope they see the error and let individuals list things free again. Maybe have a better vetting process to weed out the scammers.

MGO Member
    Every time these guys get a new major lawsuit filed they change the game. Power search was the change before this that from what I can tell was triggered by the last Brady lawsuit.

Just a short time ago they posted about another lawsuit from the same group and then they make this change...

I’ve bought and sold a total of probably 7 guns On Armslist over the last year but I guess I’ll have to find a new place to shop.

MGO Member
    BTW you can still use power search this whole time as they haven't disabled the link based API - just the UI.

So get your search set up for location, gun type (rifle, pistol etc) then add like the following to the end of your URL: &tag=[insert your criteria].

Such as for 308:

&tag=308-winchester&tag=308-762-nato

6.5 Creedmoor:
    &tag=65-creedmoore

Bolt action: &tag=bolt-action
    Lever action: &tag=lever-action

etc etc

EDIT: adding 223 because why not--

&tag=223-556-nato
    Last edited by doslitros; 10-26-2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add 223

You know, it actually did become easier to spot scams. All legit sellers now have a phone number or email in the ad text, and scammers don't. So I guess there is a positive aspect to this change.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electricboogaloo View Post
    You know, it actually did become easier to spot scams. All legit sellers now have a phone number or email in the ad text, and scammers don't. So I guess there is a positive aspect to this change.
    I find that this is actually a cost savings measure.

If I can't contact the seller there's no way to buy the gun.

I am a Forum User
    I just tried creating a listing. Wants me to pay for that too. No thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast