Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Armslist not free anymore

I tried to send a message to an ad on Armslist and it wants me to upgrade and pay for a premium account. I tried from my work desktop and on my phone logged into my account and not logged in and it does the same thing. I texted a friend and asked him to try and he got the same thing too. Is Armslist not free anymore? Am I missing something.

I am a Forum User
    Same. Buy a Premium account ($4/mo) to contact a seller.
    LOLz. Back to GunJoker I guess.

I am a Forum User
    I just logged on to Armslist and was able to message a seller without the upgraded membership.

Hmm I just logged back in. I was given a message sent alert when messaging a seller but was also asked to sign up for the upgraded membership which I declined. I see that it shows a $3.99 membership perk as being able to message sellers. It looks like my message did not go through.
    Last edited by mittenman; 10-22-2020 at 09:35 AM.

I've discovered that anytime I want to respond to an ad, I have to create a new account. I just reuse the same credentials. My account stays active for maybe a day, then disappears. I've written their help desk twice on this issue, without any response. I haven't been asked to upgrade, though it is an option that is highlighted when recreating my account.

But, this may have a silver lining - because of the hassle, I'm less likely to buy something that I don't really need (want, yes - need, no).

MGO Member
    Instead of charging people to shop, they should charge sellers to list an item. (or do they already, I guess I'm not sure) It would probably go a long way to reduce scammers.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Looks like only 3 ads for free now.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

You can always message me here.

Yeah.... crappy

I am a Forum User
    In reality, how often did you find a legitimate deal on armsfist that you ended up purchasing?
    Personally, I think I made 1 purchase in the last decade. Otherwise, it was pretty much like the ammo section of MGO during an election year. Insane prices for beat up entry level failed projects.

And sellers will get smart and just add a pic with their email or phone in the ad like most [legit] dealers do already.

That's not going to last long.
    Way too many scammers on there to sort through for us to pay for a membership. No moderation. Nothing.

Once the sellers start complaining about lack of response to their ads, it will revert back.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast