Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

The Second Amendment is as necessary today as it has ever been

Opinion

The Second Amendment is as necessary today as it has ever been

By David E. Bernstein
    Washington Examiner
    October 23, 2020

In the summer of 2020, riots and looting broke out across the United States. In cities from Seattle to New York, police were ordered to stand down and let the riots and looting take their course. The lesson from these events is that you cannot rely on the police to protect your life and property from criminal aggression. And that makes the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms more important than ever.

The right to defend oneself with firearms against criminal aggression dates back to the days before the U.S. became independent of Great Britain. While that right was often successfully defended in the political process, it took until 2008, in the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller,for the Supreme Court to hold that the Second Amendment guarantees against the federal government an individual right to possess firearms and to use them for self-defense within the home. Still, that right has been hanging by a thread because four justices dissented.

Second Amendment critics tell people to rely on the police for self-protection. Where were the police during this crisis? The mayor ordered them to stand down, leaving Minneapolis residents and business owners to their own devices. The same thing occurred during riots and looting in Chicago, Columbus, Louisville, and Portland.

Which begs the question:

Are the rioters/looters/burners the enemy of safety and freedom or are the true enemies the politicians in positions of authority who aid and abet those rioters?
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

I am a Forum User
    Both

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Which begs the question:

Are the rioters/looters/burners the enemy of safety and freedom or are the true enemies the politicians in positions of authority who aid and abet those rioters?
    I hope you don't mind if I quote you to my sister.
    She claims, among other things, that we want OC at the polls to FORCE people to vote.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Which begs the question:

I hope you don't mind if I quote you to my sister.
    She claims, among other things, that we want OC at the polls to FORCE people to vote.
    Please feel free. We always hear the phrase "If it saves one life" so hey, "If it changes one mind".
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.