Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ordered a new AK!

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/...-9x19mm-rifle/
    The reputation of US built AKs is getting better, at least with PSA, and K-USA, so I’m buying my first US built AK. I plan on chopping the barrel off in the near future, but thought the fake suppressor looked better then the long ass barrel hanging out there in the Mean time. I liked the pistol, but the triangle brace they offered is a joke! What the hell, might as well get the real deal stock
    Last edited by JDG; 10-25-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Pretty jealous. I need a 9mm AK in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Pretty jealous. I need a 9mm AK in my life.
    A friend at work talked me out of my CZ Scorpion so I could fund this, but I won’t miss the less then perfect brace lock up on that thing. The nice thing about the KP-9, KR-9, is the bolt has a firing pin safety that the Russians designed into their guns, that the PSA AKV, or CZ Scorpion blow back designs do not have. Even though out of battery discharges are rare, they have happened in the AKV and Scorpion.
    Active airport shooter

I have the SBR version and the pistol version in stock.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    A friend at work talked me out of my CZ Scorpion so I could fund this, but I won’t miss the less then perfect brace lock up on that thing. The nice thing about the KP-9, KR-9, is the bolt has a firing pin safety that the Russians designed into their guns, that the PSA AKV, or CZ Scorpion blow back designs do not have. Even though out of battery discharges are rare, they have happened in the AKV and Scorpion.
    I'd take the CZ Scorpion any day over an AK patterned anything. Why did he talk you out of it? Just curious as I've run AKs here and there and just don't see the appeal.

I had one of these pistols in stock. They're a solid gun no doubt, but it still has AK controls....

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I'd take the CZ Scorpion any day over an AK patterned anything. Why did he talk you out of it? Just curious as I've run AKs here and there and just don't see the appeal.

I had one of these pistols in stock. They're a solid gun no doubt, but it still has AK controls....
    I really like AKs for one thing The Scorpion was nice, but I disliked the safety, and the folder lock up needs attention. The SB folder was easier to tighten up then the factory stock was, but both were loose if you just install them. The best safety for the Scorpion is the AK style, as the factory safety levers are awful, and stiff. I love triangle folder AKs! This 9mm was too tempting to let be, except the mag cost kinda sucks...
    It will look good setting on the shooting bench next to this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I have the SBR version and the pistol version in stock.
    I talked to you, you did not have one of these...
    I'll talk to you before I SBR this thing
    Last edited by JDG; 10-26-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    I really like AKs for one thing The Scorpion was nice, but I disliked the safety, and the folder lock up needs attention. The SB folder was easier to tighten up then the factory stock was, but both were loose if you just install them. The best safety for the Scorpion is the AK style, as the factory safety levers are awful, and stiff. I love triangle folder AKs! This 9mm was too tempting to let be, except the mag cost kinda sucks...
    It will look good setting on the shooting bench next to this one!

I talked to you, you did not have one of these...
    I'll talk to you before I SBR this thing
    The Scorpion does have a few shortcomings but they're easily fixed. I'll just never get the allure of AKs. I own one, and after running several reload and movement drills with it I don't think I've ever disliked a gun more. But they do look cool.

The Scorpion does have a few shortcomings but they're easily fixed. I'll just never get the allure of AKs. I own one, and after running several reload and movement drills with it I don't think I've ever disliked a gun more. But they do look cool.
    Never been a better time to sell that AK!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Never been a better time to sell that AK!
    I know, but for whatever reason I still don't want to do it.

I know, but for whatever reason I still don't want to do it.
    Like them or not, no collection is complete without a good com bloc AK-47
    Would love to have some more, but this plus the 9MM is all I have for AKs
    Last edited by JDG; 10-26-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Active airport shooter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast