Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donald150 View Post
    $5 to transfer one, $200 to make one
    Ahh!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Could the BATF be looking at this as an opportunity to generate a lot of income for themselves? How many pistols would be impacted at $200 a pop?

Regarding the bump stock ban, there was a posting on, I think, either the MGO or MOC facebook page implying (if I read the post correctly) Mr. Trump implemented the ban to prevent a much more severe bill that was about to pass through Congress. That bill included, among other items, a ban on bump stocks. Thus, the poster implied, the bump stock ban was a much lesser of two evils. Don't take this as gospel, it is what I remember about the post a few days ago. I may be wrong.
    No. The NFA branch doesn't generate revenue. It spends more than it brings in for every stamp they issue. And it's not a case of "the stamp fees fund other functions of the NFA branch". No, every stamp issued costs more in expenses than the "tax" they bring in.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HKmanlp1 View Post
    Who actually thinks the stamp fee will stay at $200?
    It's not a fee, it's a tax. Pretty sure the law has to change for the tax to change on this one.

I am a Forum User
    "nothing has happened yet. Your AR or AK pistol is still legal, no matter what you’ve been reading. Will they stay that way? No one knows for sure and probably won’t until long after next Tuesday. thetruthaboutguns.com"

I see no mention of the CZ Scorpion in the videos, as they mention rifle caliber pistols. Hope this crap goes nowhere!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by donald150 View Post
    $5 to transfer one, $200 to make one
    I'm confused? Isn't it $5?

An AOW can be transferred to non-prohibited persons with a $5 BATF stamp as opposed to the $200 stamp required for machine guns and short-barreled rifles.

I am a Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    I'm confused? Isn't it $5?

An AOW can be transferred to non-prohibited persons with a $5 BATF stamp as opposed to the $200 stamp required for machine guns and short-barreled rifles.
    It's $5 to transfer an AOW, yes. Most people I know are not buying SBRs/AOWs though, they're "making" them because frankly, the wait time on a stamp for a Form 1 to manufacture your own SBR/SBS is waaaay shorter than a Form 4 for a transfer. All the NFA paperwork and wait times are still there for transferring an AOW vs an SBR. You'd need to have a SOT manufacturer the AOW for you and then transfer it to you in order to take advantage of the $5.

The issue is everyone with an existing AR/AK pistol could suddenly be in the possession of an unregistered NFA item which is the big fear.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I see no mention of the CZ Scorpion in the videos, as they mention rifle caliber pistols. Hope this crap goes nowhere!
    Actually, the letter from Wiley law mentions rifle caliber ammunition as only one part of the evaluation, they also consider the following:
    -Incorporation of rifle sights; (does the CZ have rifle or pistol sights? Dunno, depends how ATF feels like classifying rifle sights I guess. I'd argue Scorpion sights are more rifle than pistol sights though)
    -The “weapon’s heavy weight;" (not sure about yours but my Scorpion was kind of heavy with that big ol' bolt)
    -Ability to accept magazines that range in capacity from 20 rounds to 100 rounds, “which will contribute to the overall weight of the firearm”; (Scorpion certainly can take 20-35 rd mags easily)
    -Overall length of the weapon which “creates a front-heavy imbalance when held in one hand.” (guess that depends on who is holding the firearm?)

Point is, if ATF decides to redefine what is considered a "handgun", that does away with a lot of these imported handguns that can be "readily adaptable to sporting purposes". It also would have further reaching consequences to domestically produced handguns if the definition of a handgun vs. AOW is reclassified.

As others have stated, there is obviously nothing official yet. No one's AR pistol is going to get them hauled away in an unmarked van or their house raided. But, given the....aggressiveness of Biden's proposed gun control plan, the ATF seemingly becoming more emboldened recently to make arbitrary classification changes, and the upcoming election, it's understandable why there are so many gun owners watching this very closely.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

The ATF continues to worry about the wrong end of the firearm...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast