Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donald150 View Post
    I don’t care if only 5 bump stocks were sold. We shouldn’t be “picking our battles”, no compromise.
    I guarantee there are many fudds on this forum that don’t give a crap about a ban on pistol braces.
    I see it as they let them be sold, they are grandfathered in as far as I am concerned its no different that new laws regarding homes cars etc. If you buy a house from the 1950s in california and they legislate new insulation standards you do not have to tear your home up. You do not retro fit your 1989 dodge ram with a glass window as your head rest to meet modern standards.

They should just exist.

If they want too change it, I expect they will ban them etc.

If you bought it, its grandfathered in.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I see it as they let them be sold, they are grandfathered in as far as I am concerned its no different that new laws regarding homes cars etc. If you buy a house from the 1950s in california and they legislate new insulation standards you do not have to tear your home up. You do not retro fit your 1989 dodge ram with a glass window as your head rest to meet modern standards.

They should just exist.

If they want too change it, I expect they will ban them etc.

If you bought it, its grandfathered in.
    Tell that to all the folks who bought Thompsons in the late 1920s...

Could the BATF be looking at this as an opportunity to generate a lot of income for themselves? How many pistols would be impacted at $200 a pop?

Regarding the bump stock ban, there was a posting on, I think, either the MGO or MOC facebook page implying (if I read the post correctly) Mr. Trump implemented the ban to prevent a much more severe bill that was about to pass through Congress. That bill included, among other items, a ban on bump stocks. Thus, the poster implied, the bump stock ban was a much lesser of two evils. Don't take this as gospel, it is what I remember about the post a few days ago. I may be wrong.

I am a Forum User
    So if this turns out to be legit and happens, all of us will be considered felons. Would we get a grace period to file for our stamp that would include enough time for it to be completed? Otherwise, what would our options be? I'm personally just going to get all the info together and get myself a stamp for my current pistol and be done with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    So if this turns out to be legit and happens, all of us will be considered felons. Would we get a grace period to file for our stamp that would include enough time for it to be completed? Otherwise, what would our options be? I'm personally just going to get all the info together and get myself a stamp for my current pistol and be done with this crap.
    A stamp and a stock!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    That was the last stance I thought you'd take.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    That was the last stance I thought you'd take.
    Lol, what'd you think Id do? I'd love to have a boating accident but I really enjoy my pistol. I think the whole thing is a joke and Im tired of trying to follow all these rule changes. Limiting access to a firearm based on its look, features, accessories etc is ridiculous but the writing is on the wall.

I am a Forum User
    Lol, what'd you think Id do? I'd love to have a boating accident but I really enjoy my pistol. I think the whole thing is a joke and Im tired of trying to follow all these rule changes. Limiting access to a firearm based on its look, features, accessories etc is ridiculous but the writing is on the wall.
    Class action lawsuit perhaps? Just take the brace off and leave the tube on? You're usually not the roll over type so that's why I was kind of surprised.

Honestly until there's something clear in writing, if there ever is, I wouldn't start worrying yet. Every government group is always trying to dick over citizens, no shocker there. If the ATF comes out with anything, it will be fought tooth and nail in the courts, and just like with the Q debacle, the oversight committee for the ATF which is all Republicans will more than likely reign them in.

I am a Forum User
    Limiting access to a firearm based on its look, features, accessories etc is ridiculous but the writing is on the wall.
    You forgot "... and how you HOLD it."

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Class action lawsuit perhaps? Just take the brace off and leave the tube on? You're usually not the roll over type so that's why I was kind of surprised.

Honestly until there's something clear in writing, if there ever is, I wouldn't start worrying yet. Every government group is always trying to dick over citizens, no shocker there. If the ATF comes out with anything, it will be fought tooth and nail in the courts, and just like with the Q debacle, the oversight committee for the ATF which is all Republicans will more than likely reign them in.
    I'll definitely join a class action if this comes. I guess I need to understand this a bit better. I quickly watched the video while working so I was under the impression they were coming after all AR pistols not just based on braces. If that's the case then yeah I'll remove the brace for the time being.

Ive been contemplating a trust and stamp on this gun already which is why I caved so fast. Ive got my mother in law living with me and I want a suppressor. A trust just makes less headaches for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    You forgot "... and how you HOLD it."
    Oh I cheek it each and every time. I also shoot it in the woods away from anyone who has an opinion on how I hold it. I believe its still legal at this time but who the hell knows anymore.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast