Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Purchasing during pending legal matters

Hi, I'm new here.

I posted in the new firearm owners forum asking this same question. I'm really looking for some advice here.

I'm in the process of cleaning up some pending legal matters. I have a driver's license suspension due to tickets and some local income tax issues ,all from years ago, that I'm working on resolving.

I have no previous felonies or misdemeanors on my record and with the exception of the aforementioned pending matters, I'm pretty clean.

Will these pending matters prevent me from obtaining a handgun in Michigan?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizionary357 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here.

I posted in the new firearm owners forum asking this same question. I'm really looking for some advice here.

I'm in the process of cleaning up some pending legal matters. I have a driver's license suspension due to tickets and some local income tax issues ,all from years ago, that I'm working on resolving.

I have no previous felonies or misdemeanors on my record and with the exception of the aforementioned pending matters, I'm pretty clean.

You need to be a bit more specific on the pending matters. Are these pending matters the sort where by, you may end up with a felony or misdemeanor punishable by 1yr or more in jail/prison?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizionary357 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here.

Provided that it has not expired, a suspended driver's license is (still) a valid form of identification. The suspension is on your driving privileges, not your existence.

What were you charged with ?