Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Armslist Account

Has anyone created a paid account since they screwed it up a week ago? I tried on Oct 23rd and still get this message when trying to respond to an ad on there. I tried contacting Armslist with no luck either.

Your account upgrade is pending and will be processed by administrators as soon as possible. You will be able to use these features once your account will be processed by administrators.

I am just wondering if thats my luck or if they have serious issues.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHOG View Post
    Has anyone created a paid account since they screwed it up a week ago? I tried on Oct 23rd and still get this message when trying to respond to an ad on there. I tried contacting Armslist with no luck either.

Your account upgrade is pending and will be processed by administrators as soon as possible. You will be able to use these features once your account will be processed by administrators.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably just need to wait until your upgrade has been processed by administrators and, after that happens, you'll be able to use it as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably just need to wait until your upgrade has been processed by administrators and, after that happens, you'll be able to use it as expected.
    Are they really that far behind approving? It should happen faster than 7 days I would think. My question is are there others that are waiting to be approved?

I am a Forum User
    Are they really that far behind approving? It should happen faster than 7 days I would think.
    One would think. But in 2020, it shouldn't take ~1 year to get a background check for a $200 tax stamp, either. LOL.

I don't care about ever going back to Armslist.com. $4/month just so I can contact a seller? I don't think so. I have sold a few items ( guns & parts ) in the last few years but they just went crazy. What would be wrong with an eBay type system where the seller pays, up front, a fee to post an ad. The free users should be able to contact a seller even if they are not a PREMIUM user.

Or maybe a flat rate once a year price say $30 or $40.

On top of that they want your checking account & routing numbers. Perfect for having your account & your entire balances stolen. At least with a credit card on file the most you could loose would be $50.

You can use a credit card if you pay a little more. I have been waiting since 10/23 to get my account approved. I even emailed a couple time. Nothing. They ruined what they had for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jziggy101 View Post
    I don't care about ever going back to Armslist.com. $4/month just so I can contact a seller? I don't think so. I have sold a few items ( guns & parts ) in the last few years but they just went crazy. What would be wrong with an eBay type system where the seller pays, up front, a fee to post an ad. The free users should be able to contact a seller even if they are not a PREMIUM user.

Or maybe a flat rate once a year price say $30 or $40.

On top of that they want your checking account & routing numbers. Perfect for having your account & your entire balances stolen. At least with a credit card on file the most you could loose would be $50.
    eBay works by charging a fee after an item sells, not for posting, similar to Gunbroker.

Regardless, I wouldn't give my bank account info to any online retailer. Wonder if they're adding a charge to try and start being taken seriously or compete with Gunbroker. Armslist was okay the few times I used it but, much like Craigslist, the number of just plain weird people you get messaging you + the sheer number of scams is relentless.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

For all of the BS involved with it, I still miss Armslist. Hope they can sort out the mess & get back to a regular site that can be used by all. $4 a mo. is not enough to keep the scammers from trying to steal your $1K gun.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

After trying to find a slide for my Witness on here for like 6 months I put up an ad on Armslist and got a hit within like 2 hours. It's a shame it is now pay-to-play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast